How to get Microsoft contacts on Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to get my Microsoft contacts on my new Pixel (i fully intend to switch back to Windows once they figure out what they're doing). However, I can't seem to figure it out. Anyone have any instructions? Everything I've found online so far seems to be for older versions of Android.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
1. Transfer my data app (can receive maybe send too), OR
2. Sign-in w/ your live/hotmail/outlook account on Android phone. OR
3. Export your contacts with Outlook desktop app, it will save .CSV file on your PC, transfer that file to Android phone and 'try' to open it. That will save contacts on phone

Ps. Never tried 1&2 on Android, 3 did between 2 androids with .CSV file

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What I would do is sign into your Microsoft/Outlook.com account as an Exchange account on your Android phone.

Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Exchange - you can find the appropriate settings if needed online.

I personally use BlackBerry Hub to handle all my MS information but either way you should be able to get it syncing using the way I outlined.

dbx3

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm missing something but can't you use the Outlook App and enable Contact sync for whatever account holds your contacts? Or does the native mail app on Pixi work different?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm missing something but can't you use the Outlook App and enable Contact sync for whatever account holds your contacts? Or does the native mail app on Pixi work different?

You can use the Outlook app but I found Contact sync to not work so well, but that's just my experience.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
It's these little things that really ticks me off about MS apps.

What you can do is log into your MSA at www.outlook.com. Go to the PEOPLE web app. Export your contacts as Comma Separated by Values (.CSV). Save it to your computer. Then import them into your GMAIL account, via the website webmail.

Originally, what I did when I added contacts, I added them to my Google account instead of MSA. So, they show up in my PEOPLE app and also gets sync'd to my GOOGLE account.

oraora

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
The idea is to keep my contacts away from the account I logged in Android with and Google has full access to. That's why I am using the MS Launcher with my MS Account. I want my MS information to stay with MS and not Google

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean to Outlook or the MSA?
With 2 factor enable on my MSA, the app password is needed when signing into the account on your phone under exchange. If you download the outlook app, you can sign in as normal but will have to text a code to yourself or use the Microsoft authenticator app to approve the sign in. The app password is not used when using outlook app.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi I am having the same issue on my Pixel 3.

I added exchange...two step authentication happened and but it kept me at the account page - options - next or manual setup
You need to log into your MSA on a tablet or PC and get to the security section, create the app password and then use it to sign in on your phone. That's why you are stuck at that account /manual setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb