Android 7 Setting/App that works like Glance Screen on Windows Phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Just got a Nokia 6 after my Lumia's features were destroyed by Microsoft and I'm trying to set something similiar to Glance screen. Is there any setting or App to do this?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
These vary depending on the phone you have... I don't know for sure, so it's something you'll want to double-check on.

Ambient Display (common, found on Nexus 5X, Pixel, BlackBerry Priv, custom ROMs)

Always-On Display (recent Samsung Galaxy S phones?)

Moto Display (Moto phones)

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Read somewhere that Glance isn't supported on the Nokia 3, 5 and 6.

I use AOD on my Samsung's with it having a certain amount customizability, can change colours, what to display, and active hours. With the latter you can have it "always on" or choose a time-range when it's being displayed. Essentially, it is either ON or OFF no in-between.

As to whether "there's an app for that", haven't a clue as we never had the inkling to look. If there is I'm highly doubting it'll replicate Windows Phone's Glance screen to the degree you'd like.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The upcoming Nokia 8 has an a native Glance/Always on Display setting. Thought that was a good feature for them to add.

Maybe someone at xda will port that over from the Nokia 8 to work on the Nokia 6 or 3?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3