Skype says insufficient funds and duplicate contacts

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 640 running this months update 10.0.15063.608 After the update I noticed that skype had duplicate contacts, one duplicate had no messages, and the other had all messages. Both contacts (duplicates) have a message at the bottom of the window saying "insufficient funds" . . . I haven't tried sending a message from skype but I have sent one from messaging sms and things appear just fine. No duplicates, and messages go through.

Is this a known issue? should I just reinstall skype?

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Set your default SMS app to Skype, then open the People app, link all contacts properly, and it should be fine.

insufficient funds is caused by Skype not being default SMS app, so it tries to send messages via Skype SMS (which costs money) instead of through the phone SIM.

The duplicates are how it splits up the Skype and SMS conversations. again caused by it not being default.

If after changing default app and linking contacts, it still shows duplicates, reinstall skype and try again.
Honestly reinstalling Skype fixes a lot of problems, like duplicates, old pictures, dropped calls, inconvenient but it does work. Oddly, desktop doesn't have any of these issues (from my experiences) even though it looks and feels like the exact same universal app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk