Windows 10 pro black screen crash on gaming

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My computer is crashing in every game since a few days ago, the more demanding is the game, the sooner it crash to black screen, the sound keeps playing for a moment, discord keeps working, but them everything crash and I must hard reset the PC.

I reinstall windows again, just install video drivers and test again, same error... a friend of mine is having the same error, but our hardware is complete different. I stress test the processor, nothing happens, then render a video on Lumion, the video card was working for almost 2 hours at 100%, everything ok... then I stress test the video card using FurMark, at first was ok, the second test crash the PC when I try to use another app while the test was going on... I test different games... crazy taxi cause no problems, sega & sonic racing transformed crash after 2 races, CSGO crash after a few games, need for speed crash as soon as the car was out at the street, battlefield 4 crash too as soon as I start to move, resident evil 7 as soon as the menu shows up. So... seems like the more demanding the game is, the sooner the error occurs.

The problem start almost at the same time for me and my friend, and others report the same error on random games...

My hardware:
Lenovo ThinkStation E30
Xeon E3 1240 4 cores @3.3
Video: XFX RX480 8gb
Ram: 16gb Kingston HyperX Fury Blue DDR3 2x8gb
PSU: EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W

My friend Hardware:
Core i7 (not sure, but way better than mine)
Video: EVGA GTX 1080
PSU: Corsair 750w 80+ Gold

My friend PC is brand new! so, I don't thing the problem is because the video card or the PSU... but... I may be wrong...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes