I have a Lumia 640XL, WIndows Mobile 10 - it seems that text (.TXT)) files that I have stored at OneDrive from my desktops are opened with the Microsoft Word online app and I can't use other text-only editors.
    Is that right?
    Also, Word reckons I can read, not edit or save.
    Can I change that?
    mtiede likes this.
    10-21-2017 03:46 AM
    My work-around: Installed NotepadX app - very good, complete (except I cannot get it to use my wireless printer, which I added as a device in the Windows Phone Settings).
    Also use the File Manager, to browse for the text files on the OneDrive. Strangely to my understanding, though I have made a series of files available offline from OneDrive, on locating the .txt file I want and clickit it, it 'downloads' it, leaving a choice of X or tick, after which I can choose the file and open it with NotepadX.

What a weird and circuitous way to perform a simple operation. It is more direct with Microsoft Word, but always requires additional steps to make the file editable.
    10-21-2017 05:43 AM
    My work-around: Installed NotepadX app - very good, complete (except I cannot get it to use my wireless printer, which I added as a device in the Windows Phone Settings).
    Also use the File Manager, to browse for the text files on the OneDrive. Strangely to my understanding, though I have made a series of files available offline from OneDrive, on locating the .txt file I want and clickit it, it 'downloads' it, leaving a choice of X or tick, after which I can choose the file and open it with NotepadX.

What a weird and circuitous way to perform a simple operation. It is more direct with Microsoft Word, but always requires additional steps to make the file editable.
    10-21-2017 05:43 AM