Android apps in Microsoft Store?

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Is it wrong to wonder if:
Android is the new mobile OS for Microsoft?
That the next Surface phone will run Android?
That Microsoft Store will include Android apps?

(I get that MS will continue to offer its apps on iOS as well as Android, but it looks to me like Android is the preferred platform.)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is it wrong to wonder if:
Android is the new mobile OS for Microsoft?
That the next Surface phone will run Android?
That Microsoft Store will include Android apps?

(I get that MS will continue to offer its apps on iOS as well as Android, but it looks to me like Android is the preferred platform.)

Not happening, Microsoft closed the astoria bridge and ended the android emulation that was bundled in some builds - it actually ran too well.

The main reason it won't happen, it will simply undermines the entire work Microsoft has done to unify the core and the universal app platform.

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I actually got wondering this over the name change from WINDOWS Store to MICROSOFT Store.

Microsoft needs a mobile OS, and has Android apps of its own. Why not make those apps - as Android apps, not bridged apps - available in the Store - and then of course, also try and entice other Android app developers to place their apps in the Microsoft Store as well.

UWP apps have no mobile phone platform. "Enterprise" employees use Android. How else can MS fill the mobile void?

Why can't MS put a massive effort into developing its own Android brand?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb