Internal or external antenna or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I recently got hold a Elitedesk 800 G2 mini although I know I said I will be building solely AMD PCs going forward - which I am. There are two reasons why I bought it:

1) This Elitedesk was already pre-built and it was crazy cheap in terms of price per spec. Primarily the RAM, it has 32 GB of ram = 16 GB SO-DIMM x2). each of these so-dimms cost anywhere between £130 to £170.

That is the main reason I bought it (cost me sub £500 in total with a new HDD [1 TB - 2.5 inch Seagate = £33] and Wifi card), it works but it's not the WiFi model as such doesn't have the antenna at the back. I bought a Intel 8265 AC M.2 WiFi Nic for £20 off amazon, however I am in conundrum in what to do in regards to boosting the Wifi Signal.

2) The customer has given me budget of £530 and that includes the monitor, keyboard + Mouse, a PC that has plenty of storage for 6 people and has to be bleeding fast.

I am literally £4 in budget lol.

Anyway my questions are:

Has anyone tried to retro fit Hi-Gain Wifi Antennas into this Particular PC without any drastic case modding. If so what did you use?
Has anyone tried to use internal antennas such as these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Antenna-Co...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3743159
If you did not use any antennas, then how did you boost the WiFi signal of the WiFi card?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon