Insider upgrade always fails with greenscreen

Brian Photastic

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Every time I let auto-update upgrade my Insider Preview it fails the same way with two green screens before restoring original OS. As you will see I have run a plethora of elimination strategies.

I have reported this many times as it has happened for the past two years for every build. Only a clean install lets me keep up with builds.

Important Info:

Home built PC

Asrock z87M Extreme4 with EVO SSD

Currently Win 10 PRO 17738rs5_release.180810-1706

Problem with updating to build 17758 or 17763 using auto update

Greenscreen says memory management error and Update Settings reports these error codes last three errors on last three attempts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried the following singly or in various combinations over the years that I've had this issue:

disconnected all SATA and USB drives
removed nVidia graphics and all trace of drivers/software and used CPU graphics
disabled all non-Microsoft services and startup programs
swapped RAM to different type
swapped motherboard to different make
run troubleshooter
deleted Software distribution
disconnected internet just before the restart

I did a clean install on a blank SSD of an insider from an iso, reinstalled my software and reconfigured etc then a week or so later it upgraded to the latest Insider build perfectly. But then green screened when the next build became available. I also did a clean install of the Fall retail release and then went on the Fast Ring and it update perfectly. But then refused any further updates later on. Always with the same greenscreen memory management error.

Does anyone have any idea of what I can try next?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes