Surface go taskbar sometimes appears cut off/too big

Daniel Purchase

Oct 17, 2018
Visit site
Normally the taskbar is ok, however sometimes it's as if the taskbar is too long and clips over the edge of the screen, only solution I have found is to restart my surface completely, returning from sleep doesn't fix the issue.

Has anyone else had the same issue, any idea how it fix it?

gnirkatto

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
yes this is one of the bugs that MS has been incapable (not willing?) to fix since the early W10 days…..I can remember having this problem on my very first Surface already, a couple of years ago, and it still happens today…. :crying:

I really don't understand this. Rather than dark mode explorer and things like that, I would, with very high priority, try to get these nasty eternal W10-bugs fixed, if I was MS. On screen keyboard input field overlay being the other incredible forever alive bug.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Normally the taskbar is ok, however sometimes it's as if the taskbar is too long and clips over the edge of the screen, only solution I have found is to restart my surface completely, returning from sleep doesn't fix the issue.

Has anyone else had the same issue, any idea how it fix it?
, what if you go into tablet mode and auto-hide the taskbar? And what if you move the taskbar around? Could also try resizing the taskbar.
Smallest tablet I had was a 8 inch chuwi (720p) and now a dell venue 10.8 inch (1080p), but I never encountered this problem before.

Daniel Purchase

Oct 17, 2018
Visit site
If I rescale in display settings it seems to fix temporarily, then not too long and it's back to being cut off. Same as if I move the taskbar it fixes then goes back after a few turn ons. Autohide doesn't help the situation neither does switching between desktop and tablet mode, though desktop mode it seems to work fine for the most part. It could be that the go isn't a standard resolution as you mention the dell venue is 1080 with no problems this is 1800 x 1200

Daniel Purchase

Oct 17, 2018
Visit site
yes this is one of the bugs that MS has been incapable (not willing?) to fix since the early W10 days…..I can remember having this problem on my very first Surface already, a couple of years ago, and it still happens today…. :crying:

I really don't understand this. Rather than dark mode explorer and things like that, I would, with very high priority, try to get these nasty eternal W10-bugs fixed, if I was MS. On screen keyboard input field overlay being the other incredible forever alive bug.

So don't hold my breath on this being fixed anytime soon then I guess, ill stick to my workarounds for the foreseeable future. Yeah agree they should be focusing on fixing before augmenting what's there...

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Even on my Surface Pro 2, I don't have this issue, nor on any laptops I have had running W10. Are you sure it isn't related to graphics driver issues? It might be worth checking to see if you have the latest drivers installed and see if that helps?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
agreed, none of my Surface pro 3 or surface 3 or surface RT devices exhibit this behavior or any of my laptops for that matter... but I don't use the laptop like a tablet so no need for the auto rotate feature.... maybe it has something to do with the auto rotate?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The only time I have experienced taskbar size issue is when I output the screen to a second display (a TV). Sometimes it makes the taskbar too wide (so it appears zoomed in all the time) and I have to use the TV settings to change the zoom level to fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism