Folded laptop when it was completely resetting

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi so I’m worried I sold my laptop to a person on the internet. We met at a Pizza Hut. Prior to this I had deleted my documents but forgot to check recycling bin. So basically he agreed then there I started the full reset it reached like 9%, I needed to go toilet and when I came back he had put away laptop saying he needed to catch a bus. So someone please tell me would the full reset deleting all data , would it of had finished or can he still recover my private files? Thank you for your time

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That is a very good question and I'm not sure frankly. Maybe if he woke it back up, it'll finish as normal. Or maybe it hung and didn't complete. It's really hard to say for sure from my personal experience.

Next time erase the device before you meet the buyer since I surely wouldn't have wanted to wait an hour for the process to complete. If it helps, I'm sure the guy doesn't care about your files. I once bought a Palm Pre 2 online that came with a bunch of files on it and I just nuked it and didn't look back.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon