So i just got a copy of tropico 5 but to install it, you need a disc drive. Easy enough, i grabbed the nearest disc drive that fits in my case put it in, hook everything up and powering up. Now windows isn't reading it. The bios on the other hand, recognizes the drive just fine. I haven't got another os right now(my linux hard drive decided to break a week ago and still waiting for it to get back). I tried changing the sata config to ahci(no idea what it actually is, just thought it might be worth a shot)and windows started to bsod's. Complaining about no boot device (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) and going into diagnostics every restart. So i turned it back to ide and it booted fine. No disc drive though but at least it boots. I have no clue whatsoever on what could be causing this. I'm on windows 10 and a asus m5a78l-m lx v2. I also tried other drives but the same results. Thank you for even reading this
    05-15-2019 02:15 AM
    So i just got a copy of tropico 5 but to install it, you need a disc drive. Easy enough, i grabbed the nearest disc drive that fits in my case put it in, hook everything up and powering up. Now windows isn't reading it. The bios on the other hand, recognizes the drive just fine. I haven't got another os right now(my linux hard drive decided to break a week ago and still waiting for it to get back). I tried changing the sata config to ahci(no idea what it actually is, just thought it might be worth a shot)and windows started to bsod's. Complaining about no boot device (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) and going into diagnostics every restart. So i turned it back to ide and it booted fine. No disc drive though but at least it boots. I have no clue whatsoever on what could be causing this. I'm on windows 10 and a asus m5a78l-m lx v2. I also tried other drives but the same results. Thank you for even reading this
    If you can, try a USB CD drive. You will have better luck with it.
    05-15-2019 09:58 AM
    I don't have a usb cd drive i'm afraid but i did (hopefully) find the problem with it. One of my friends said it might be related to drivers or firmware so i updated it but still nothing. Gonna try the controller method now

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-7de01184c258
    05-15-2019 05:23 PM
    I don't have a usb cd drive i'm afraid but i did (hopefully) find the problem with it. One of my friends said it might be related to drivers or firmware so i updated it but still nothing. Gonna try the controller method now

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-7de01184c258
    It is probably easier and quicker (and it will save you all this time) just to grab a USB CD drive though. Otherwise, hopefully you can get it fixed.
    05-20-2019 05:51 AM
    Turns out comments on the site was right. It was a problem with the sata channels for some reason. Had to uninstall all of them and then reboot. Now the drive works fine
    05-25-2019 01:23 AM
    Turns out comments on the site was right. It was a problem with the sata channels for some reason. Had to uninstall all of them and then reboot. Now the drive works fine
    Awesome! Glad you got it sorted.
    05-27-2019 09:47 AM