I have nothing from OneDrive synced to my computer but my OneDrive is still 80gb big on my SSD

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am using Windows 10 64 bit on my home computer, which is a desktop with a 240gb ssd and a 1tb hard drive, and I decided to get OneDrive since I have 1 tb to play with (I have an office subsription). I noticed that it was casually just taking up over 80gb of my SSD, and to troubleshoot, I tried that thing called "Files on demand" which I THINK gets the files off my computer and on the cloud, but didn't make a difference. I then tried to make it so no files were visible on my pc (as in select the thing that hides them from my pc) and that didnt do anything either. I didn't get any error messages or anything, and I am using the latest version of OneDrive. I really would like to get this sorted, as it is also doing it on my famliy laptop, which is really starting to chug now that it is always full of stuff.

gmoore114

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Below the files on demand checkbox is a link, read it and understand so you will know instead of THINK. Know what the OneDrive icons mean.
You can check OneDrive folder properties using explorer, fight click to see size on disk and/or select 'free up space' so they will not be stored on your PC, settings, account tab, chose folders.
You have folders selected or you would not be using storage space

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Below the files on demand checkbox is a link, read it and understand so you will know instead of THINK. Know what the OneDrive icons mean.
You can check OneDrive folder properties using explorer, fight click to see size on disk and/or select 'free up space' so they will not be stored on your PC, settings, account tab, chose folders.
You have folders selected or you would not be using storage space

I agree with this. You have to be syncing something. You can read more about using Files on Demand here:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...10-tip-save-disk-space-onedrive-files-demand/

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes