Which backup program for Windows 10?

Andrew Brehm

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Which backup program is to be recommended for Windows 10?

Requirements:

1. Can backup to a network drive.
2. Can restore an entire Windows computer.
3. Can really restore an entire Windows computer from scratch.
4. Even under circumstances such as the computer needing to be restored.

Points 2 to 4 are not jokes. I actually did run into many, many backup programs that do backups but cannot restore or find lots of excuses why restores don't work.

Andrew Brehm

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
That's a good find! I just use Acronis usually.

I had used Acronis but got my money back. Twice.

In both cases they had promised that they support backing up Parallels VMs on a Mac and in both cases they then said that while they support backing up Parallels VMs they do not support restoring them. Instead I would have to restore the entire Mac, they said. I fell twice for that, and twice got my money back after complaining loudly and publicly. (Second time was because they had claimed that they had fixed that bug in the new version.)

So while their Windows backup did work, I didn't want to give them money any more.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I had used Acronis but got my money back. Twice.

In both cases they had promised that they support backing up Parallels VMs on a Mac and in both cases they then said that while they support backing up Parallels VMs they do not support restoring them. Instead I would have to restore the entire Mac, they said. I fell twice for that, and twice got my money back after complaining loudly and publicly. (Second time was because they had claimed that they had fixed that bug in the new version.)

So while their Windows backup did work, I didn't want to give them money any more.

What choice did you go for in the end?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism