Daniel.. Found a comment on Facebook the Surface team post about the Duo. What do you make of this?

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
It's especially interesting that the Surface team would comment about sharing more information in the coming months to a post about the Duo running WOA, or W10X... Check out the screen shot attached.

This is literally the first time MS has spoke out about sharing any Duo details since the October 2nd event. 🤔

Attachments

• 305.jpg
    305.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 14

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I personally wouldn't get my hopes up. There's really no point to having Windows 10X on a small screen and with ZERO apps.

Yes, I understand why people want it, pocket PC, but this is not something the populace at large want.

That statement is very vague as well. They could be indicating a possible Continuum like experience or possibly something else but it won't be Duo with Window 10X on it.

Here's an article with lots of comments on it about this - https://www.windowscentral.com/why-surface-neo-and-surface-duo-run-different-operating-systems

I'm pretty sure Zac and Daniel has good connections within MS to justify this article.

Last edited:

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I personally wouldn't get my hopes up. There's really no point to having Windows 10X on a small screen and with ZERO apps.

Yes, I understand why people want it, pocket PC, but this is not something the populace at large want.

That statement is very vague as well. They could be indicating a possible Continuum like experience or possibly something else but it won't be Duo with Window 10X on it.

Here's an article with lots of comments on it about this - https://www.windowscentral.com/why-surface-neo-and-surface-duo-run-different-operating-systems

I'm pretty sure Zac and Daniel has good connections within MS to justify this article.
, does not have to be a choice, just give it a dual boot option. I had a Chuwi tablet once with dual boot Android and Windows, worked fine.

I think that those 'additional details' will just be MS saying it won't happen.
, lol, would be good trolling.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
It's especially interesting that the Surface team would comment about sharing more information in the coming months to a post about the Duo running WOA, or W10X... Check out the screen shot attached.

This is literally the first time MS has spoke out about sharing any Duo details since the October 2nd event. ??????

I don't know what it is, but I suspect ....something?

I don't think it's a dual boot. It might be a cloud service, like using xcloud to run apps? It might be a UWP software environment. It might just be a software bridge. It might be an option to buy the device unlocked for installing windows just for devs and tinkerers. But I think there's something here that's being kept hush.

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what it is, but I suspect ....something?

I don't think it's a dual boot. It might be a cloud service, like using xcloud to run apps? It might be a UWP software environment. It might just be a software bridge. It might be an option to buy the device unlocked for installing windows just for devs and tinkerers. But I think there's something here that's being kept hush.

Maybe it's Continuum version 2🤔🤔🤔

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
, an UWP software environment would definitely be interesting but I guess it would clash a bit with Xamarin. I think you're on to something though, some kind of bridge or using their cloud services makes sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon