Limiting CPU speed for profiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijita78

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
I'm trying to optimize several bottlenecks on an application which is supposed to run on a really wide range of CPUs and architectures (some of them very close to embeded devices).

The results of my profiler, however, aren't really significant because of the speed of my CPU. Is there any way (preferably under Windows or Mac OS X) to limit the speed of my CPU for profiling purposes?

I've thought about using a virtual machine, but haven't found any with such functionality.

vijita78

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
I'm trying to optimize several bottlenecks on an application which is supposed to run on a really wide range of CPUs and architectures (some of them very close to embeded devices).

The results of my profiler, however, aren't really significant because of the speed of my CPU. Is there any way (preferably under Windows or Mac OS X) to limit the speed of my CPU for profiling purposes?

I've thought about using a virtual machine, but haven't found any with such functionality.

vijita78

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills