I'm trying to optimize several bottlenecks on an application which is supposed to run on a really wide range of CPUs and architectures (some of them very close to embeded devices).

The results of my profiler, however, aren't really significant because of the speed of my CPU. Is there any way (preferably under Windows or Mac OS X) to limit the speed of my CPU for profiling purposes?

I've thought about using a virtual machine, but haven't found any with such functionality.
    01-26-2020 01:45 AM
    I'm trying to optimize several bottlenecks on an application which is supposed to run on a really wide range of CPUs and architectures (some of them very close to embeded devices).

The results of my profiler, however, aren't really significant because of the speed of my CPU. Is there any way (preferably under Windows or Mac OS X) to limit the speed of my CPU for profiling purposes?

I've thought about using a virtual machine, but haven't found any with such functionality.

Threads merged, please do not triple post.
    You can the threads you have created via 'your menu' at the top of the forums.
    01-26-2020 07:41 AM
    You are looking to underclock the CPU?
    01-26-2020 01:30 PM
    Maximum CPU speed, under power profiles, in power options, under settings in windows 10.
    01-27-2020 09:23 AM
    Why was this thread posted three times? :)

Does this help you?

https://superuser.com/questions/2145...e-of-a-process
    01-31-2020 12:04 AM