Since windows version 2004 came out my Astro C40 gaming controller no longer is supported, it used to work fine if I opened device manager and clicked update driver, browse my computer for drivers, let me pick from a list of available drivers, then I would choose xbox 360 peripherals, then xbox 360 controller for windows. after doing so the controller was fully functional. since the 2004 update it no longer works and my $300 controller is useless, thousands of people have the same issue. I hope when version 20H2 comes out you include a fix for this controller. If you have any work arounds for this issue let me know.

Thankyou.
    10-19-2020 09:18 PM
    Since windows version 2004 came out my Astro C40 gaming controller no longer is supported, it used to work fine if I opened device manager and clicked update driver, browse my computer for drivers, let me pick from a list of available drivers, then I would choose xbox 360 peripherals, then xbox 360 controller for windows. after doing so the controller was fully functional. since the 2004 update it no longer works and my $300 controller is useless, thousands of people have the same issue. I hope when version 20H2 comes out you include a fix for this controller. If you have any work arounds for this issue let me know.

Thankyou.
    Silly question, but what happens when you install their official software below? I imagine they would also include the required drivers.

https://www.astrogaming.com/en-us/support/software.html
    10-22-2020 06:08 AM
    Astro's configuration software doesn't recognize the controller without the windows Astrogaming usb driver in working condition, which at the moment seems to think the controller is a sound device only, after speaking to Astro gaming support today I called Microsoft, they said there is no work around and have to wait for the windows update developers to address the issue. so it's buy a cheapo to get buy time for me until they fix it.
    10-22-2020 07:55 AM
    Astro's configuration software doesn't recognize the controller without the windows Astrogaming usb driver in working condition, which at the moment seems to think the controller is a sound device only, after speaking to Astro gaming support today I called Microsoft, they said there is no work around and have to wait for the windows update developers to address the issue. so it's buy a cheapo to get buy time for me until they fix it.
    That's not good. Hopefully they can fix it at some point.
    11-06-2020 04:57 AM