How's the Asus BT keyboard?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm looking around for a BT keyboard with trackpad and came across the keyboard for the Vivo Smart and was wondering how you guys like it. Does it work well and have you tried it with any other devices? Thanks.

halcyonboy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I've only tried it with my Vivotab Smart so far, but it seems like a pretty decent keyboard. Its exceptionally thin and seems to work conderful for its size. That being said it takes some getting used to since its compact. But for its weight and size its a pretty great piece of tech, and works wonderfully with the vivotab.

It installed almost flawlessly on windows 8, and being running perfectly under 8.1 as well.

Are you looking for something generally or were you looking for the vivotab?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your feedback. I'm looking to pair it with the Dell Venue 8 Pro as the matching keyboard will be too small, I think. I use a 10" Acer W510 so going any smaller on the keyboard doesn't look like a good option but the Asus keyboard would be ideal for those times I want to enter a bit more than a few lines of text.

halcyonboy

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Could be a great option then. I've been very happy with in on my vivo tab so far.. so yeah definitely worth a try! Let us know how it goes. Would love to hear what the venue 8 pro is like, sounds like a great little tab...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Quick update, the Asus keyboard and the Dell are a great match, pairs right away and stays connected, gestures and scrolling work fine too. Only thing that is hit and miss is pinch to zoom, mostly miss but I don't miss it at all. I ripped out the hinge magnets so the cover either sits as a mat or a cover to protect the keys. Overall, it's just as portable as the Dell and means I don't have to carry a separate mouse but still get that functionality plus a keyboard. Highly recommended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon