I <3 Bing [Rewards]

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I just absolutely love Bing. Great search engine that integrates with my Microsoft ecosystem all nice and cozy, while providing great search results and an awesome user interface!! Since I have first started using Bing, I've never had a moment of "I kinda want to use Google again". Great job Microsoft!

Now, for the even better part. Bing Rewards. This program is the bomb! These Windows Phone app cards I can redeem make Bing awesome and an extreme joy to use for me. I can get the best apps on Windows Phone for free! It's a win-win for all sides I believe; Bing earns dedicated users (me), I get an awesome service and apps for free, and more developers earn money! :)

Tell me guys, do you use Bing? What are your opinions on it?

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I've earned about $30-$40 for wp8 apps using Bing rewards. Its great! I just make sure to do enough searches every day to earn the max points (30).

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I just turned in some reward points yesterday. Got 400 MS Points. Will be able to finish watching The Walking Dead 3rd season.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do go back to google occasionally because google does return better results at times - bing is sufficient most of the time however

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
The Bing rewards are awesome. I have got free Skype and Windows Phone apps using Bing points. Did I mention I have to search a lot for work?

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Definitely. I wish that MS would integrate it soon... So much potential points.

Wait, question, if you search on your WP, do you get awarded credits for that search?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Ugh, I don't search enough everyday to naturally get the max number >.< I did earn more than fifteen dollars so far :)

I made Bing my wife's and parents' default search engine on their laptops and signed into my account. So I have 3 other people racking up points for me. :)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I made Bing my wife's and parents' default search engine on their laptops and signed into my account. So I have 3 other people racking up points for me. :)

Shame on you... You should have set them up with their own accounts. I set my wife and mom up with Bing rewards, not sure how much of if my mom uses it, but my wife does for sure.

CDiS99

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Shame on you... You should have set them up with their own accounts. I set my wife and mom up with Bing rewards, not sure how much of if my mom uses it, but my wife does for sure.

Hahaha that's great :grincry:.

But I do love Bing. It's a beautiful search engine, good results, and the reward program is fantastic.

Only problem is that at work (on a Mac :cry:) I use Chrome. I do a lot of searches and I usually type them directly into the address bar so it automatically uses Google. Damn, I need to install IE because I would have a TON more points if I did that.....

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Definitely. I wish that MS would integrate it soon... So much potential points.

Wait, question, if you search on your WP, do you get awarded credits for that search?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk

not that I've noticed, and believe me I've tried

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

Hahaha don't worry. I always get $5 amazon gift cards, which we all share. Since everyone in my family tends to use my Prime account, they're all welcome to use the gift cards. At least this way we rack up points faster.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha don't worry. I always get $5 amazon gift cards, which we all share. Since everyone in my family tends to use my Prime account, they're all welcome to use the gift cards. At least this way we rack up points faster.

yeah, but they could each get rewards individually and you'd have 2-3 times the amazon cards to share @_@

What I often do, is first thing in the morning, scoop up the 1 point click(s), then click on any of the news feeds at the bottom that look interesting... After that, I hit images and just keep clicking the suggestions in the right column till I've received all my points... Then the rest of the day is pointless* searches, but that's OK.... I wind up getting my 16 points in under 10min

* Pointless towards gaining reward points, but searches I need/want to do :)

Last edited:

felickz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha that's great :grincry:.

But I do love Bing. It's a beautiful search engine, good results, and the reward program is fantastic.

Only problem is that at work (on a Mac :cry:) I use Chrome. I do a lot of searches and I usually type them directly into the address bar so it automatically uses Google. Damn, I need to install IE because I would have a TON more points if I did that.....
You can set cchrome's default search engine to Bing....

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the search rewards not working? The last two days, none of my searches are yielding any points. I've cleared cookies, tried randomized words, waited 24 hours, and I still can't get it to tally my points.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes