BLU Win HD LTE Bugs & Defects

rrvenki

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
re: BLU Win HD LTE Bugs & Defects

Thanks for sharing the same info pj1011. I cannot go to Nehru place during office time and would not take half a day leave for that too. I work 6 days a week and so impossible to service the phone. For similar situations MI phone company has option to courier the mobile for service which BLU does not want to do.
You have mentioned two times that I'm impatient. I've been enough patient from Oct 2015. If there is no way to service I would have to throw this phone and move ahead and it will leave a permanent scar in memory never to buy BLU devices no matter how much they improve in future.
I believe in service industry a company must have service timings were working class people can reach them. If they work 10AM-5PM, 5 days a week it is not service industry. They should take leave on a Tuesday/Wednesday and work during Saturday/Sunday.

But the patience is not worth anymore and Windows 10 too has not come, I'm moving ahead leaving BLU products away. Thanks.

alpha_1

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

Regarding the "touch issue" that is often remarked about the BLU Win HD LTE, there is a a serious problem:

I downloaded the hardware test app to test the multi touch ability of the screen.
Looks like no one till date has checked it this way.

1. Single touch instance - the phone fails to detect single finger touch 5-10% of the times
2. Dual touch instance - the phone fails to detect two finger touch 50% of the times. The only way to improvise is by touching one finger first and THEN touching the second finger.
3. Triple touch instance - the phone detects only one finger, if you start moving your hand then it detects the rest of the two fingers. As above, the way to improvise upon this situation is to touch each finger sequentially.

So it this hardware problem or firmware?
Hardware appears to be OK, otherwise the phone wouldn't be detecting even single finger instance.

I wonder if other folks are also facing the same issue?

rrvenki

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

Update.
I went to HCL Touch in Gurgaon. They tested and found battery is draining too fast and did a hard reset. We waited for about 30 minutes and there was no improvement. Last Saturday (27-Feb-2016) they took it to replace and said new device will be given in a week. I hope they would replace. However, there is no slim chance of Windows 10 release from MS and No slim chance of Insider preview support by BLU. Kinda finding a way to move to iPhone platform and not to look back. Using Windows phone starting iMate Pocket PC in 2004 till date was long enough without being supported by platform owner to what it deserves was too much loyalty and too much patience even after writing apps for the platform. But we have to go on with platform that supports us. Thanks.

Justin Ostafew

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing on my X150Q. It has done this in a fully updated Win8.1 installation, and various versions of Win10, so unfortunately either MS is not aware of the issue or hasn't bothered a fix. I don't see it being a hardware issue because like you I've noticed a visual indicator that the letter was tapped, along with the audio feedback, but somehow letters don't make it to the text input window. Very strange.... The poor camera, lack of double tap to wake, lack of camera button, poor loudspeaker output I can live with, but a keyboard that doesn't work properly is too much... Too bad, on paper and in hand the phone has a lot going for it.

L B2

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
phone will just shut off.

My phone does two things. Phone will shut off for no reason. Also when charging, battery icon showing charge will show a charge then a few minutes later the icon is empty, like there is no charge. Restart and the charge is there. Have tried a hard restart, did not solve. Had the phone for about year or two. Just started doing this.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: phone will just shut off.

I reset my BLU Win HD LTE and put it on craigslist. I started getting what I assume is the battery issue a couple weeks ago, and last weekend the GPS stopped working at a time when I needed it. I'm back to my T-Mobile Lumia 635 running Windows 8.1 Cyan and am much happier. Here's a list of my complaints with the BLU:

* Poor GPS performance, and occasionally GPS would stop working altogether.
* Extremely poor camera - pictures are poor, video non-stop re-focuses making it worthless.
* Screen was starting to mark up around the edges. Has this happened to anyone else?
IMG_3927.JPG
* Battery issue
* No SensorCore
* Micro-USB hookup seemed flaky. Worked fine in my chargers at home, but two different chargers in my car wouldn't work with it.
* Windows 10 groove music - poor app compared to the old XBox music for my needs. "Random" play would play a very narrow playlist - I would hear the same song sometimes two days in a row, and I have 20+G of music on my phone - there's something definitely wrong with the randomizer.
* Windows 10 navigation - not as nice as the Here app.

* Poor performance compared to the Lumia 635
>* Lumia screen, while smaller and not as high resolution, looks MUCH better than the BLU screen. Gorrilla Glass 3 versus whatever BLU used plus a screen cover.
>* Speaker for notifications, speaker phone, etc. as well as the speaker for hand-held calls is better on the Lumia.
>* Bluetooth implementation in my car is much more effective - on the Lumia it may be because of.....
>* Microphone for the video part is much better sounding on the Lumia.
>* Specific to me being on T-Mobile - The Lumia, being a T-Mobile branded phone instead of an unlocked phone, has Wi-Fi calling, which is a great feature.
>* Substantially better camera on the Lumia! Though it is only 5 MP without a flash, pictures are very good quality, and video is as well.

Just overall the Lumia 635, even though it's an older budget phone, has a more substantial, higher quality tactile experience compared to the BLU.

I will miss the large screen and Windows 10 mobile features. I will also miss the dual-SIM setup, so I'll have to carry my work phone around sometimes in off hours. (But running dual-SIM in the BLU had all kinds of little annoyances that I won't miss - most likely not related to the BLU specifically.).

Lna222

Jun 17, 2018
Visit site
A sequel to the previously announced BLU Win HD, the seemingly faster and slick-designed BLU Win HD LTE has just been announced. Have you recently bought one yourself? Have you felt that something was not right with it or wasn't working well? Some hiccups or snags? If "yes", then fire off below and let us know what you've found.

[TIP]Here are some useful information:

Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to check your phone up - head over to this Microsoft FAQ page for more info.

Make sure to check the official Windows Phone 8 How-to Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]

[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. This can be done by going to your phone Settings > about > tap on reset your phone. You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The Windows Phone Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]

Remember to describe the bugs and defects you find as detailed as you can: let us know your phone model and then what happened leading to the bug or how you found the defect. This way, our members would be able to help you quickly and accurately.

My phone doesn't turn on any more. I tried the hard reset (the keys method) but after the exclamation mark, I press volume up, volume down, power button, volume down like I read but it vibrates again and doesnt start to reset. How can I do the recovery tool?
Thanks for you help.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My phone doesn't turn on any more. I tried the hard reset (the keys method) but after the exclamation mark, I press volume up, volume down, power button, volume down like I read but it vibrates again and doesnt start to reset. How can I do the recovery tool?
Thanks for you help.

Have you downloaded the Windows Phone Recovery Tool?

You may find the tool and relevant instructions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon