Just ordered HD LTE

Peter_Trimmer

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I've taken the plunge and ordered a HD LTE.

A couple of questions.

What's the case like that comes with it?
Update procedure - OTA?
Any apps that you feel are essential?
Any brands of sd card to avoid?

That's it for now.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What's the case like that comes with it?

Thin, TPU, color matched to the phone quite well. It's lightly frosted and translucent. Gives a nice grip. One nice little touch is the ridge that lfts the phone slightly off the speaker when laying it on its back to help the sound resonate off the surface you place it on.

WP_20151206_14_57_33_Rich.jpgWP_20151206_14_58_59_Rich.jpg

Update procedure - OTA?

Same as with all Windows Phones. Settings > updates > options including manual check for updates

Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 should be waiting for you the moment you unbox. Windows 10 is promised to this phone and BLU has a good track record of delivering OTAs quickly after RTM. Note that BLU does little to no firmware on their Windows Phones.

Any apps that you feel are essential?

Camera Apps. The stock (Microsoft) Camera App does the camera module no favors. For pic comparisons of shots taken with various Apps see this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/blu-win-hd-lte/352993-picture-videos-taken-my-blu-win-hd-lte.html

Any brands of sd card to avoid?

As always, stick with Name Brand cards from reputable vendors. Many reports on the web say that the vendors on eBay are hit or miss in terms of genuine and counterfeit. Those cards are not always as advertised. Class 10 or UHS 1 would be preferable.

Enjoy your new phone. :cool:

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Specifically I recommend ProShot camera app. The camera on this phone needs exposure help and I've found the brightness control on the ProShot to help a great deal improving my pictures with the camera. Don't expect much from the camera, it's the weak point on this device, but it's price appropriate. I've found that tweaking the exposure bar helps me a great deal. Enjoy, it's a great phone for the money.

I'm using a SanDisk branded class 10 64G Micro-SD card it works perfectly. Don't believe the 32G limitation that you read in the specs.

Snowlynx

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Me too :) Should get the MS Blue BLU this week. Gave up waiting on the 950XL in Canada (not to mention that it's 4x the price). This will give me a chance to play with win10 (hopefully) and get a flagship later if I like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk