Touch Screen Issues

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

I have an issue with my phone. When playing any games where it requires both hands, like pinch to zoom in and out; putting two fingers on the screen keeps one registered. It doesn't release it no matter what I do. If I try to do it again, it doesn't register any on the screen for the game. So in age of empires for example, if I zoom in or out, it stays as zoom in and out, even with one finger. I tried tapping, I tried two fingers, etc. it just sticks.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

I have an issue with my phone. When playing any games where it requires both hands, like pinch to zoom in and out; putting two fingers on the screen keeps one registered. It doesn't release it no matter what I do. If I try to do it again, it doesn't register any on the screen for the game. So in age of empires for example, if I zoom in or out, it stays as zoom in and out, even with one finger. I tried tapping, I tried two fingers, etc. it just sticks.

Thanks.

can you replicate with the photo app or any photo editing app? Zoom in and out? If it works well, then the problem could be with the game

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Chintan,
Thank you for your response. Actually it only happens in games, there are a few games I've tried where using both hands, it does this. However, in photo apps, in a hardware test, etc. it works just fine. Its either an SDK issue with the game platform for Windows phones or its an issue with the firmware and how it handles touch inputs for the games. If they use the XNA or MonoGame toolkit, it could be how the event proxies through to the base.

I'll have to develop a quick XNA app to test my theory, and if it works, report it to Microsoft or wait for Windows 10. If I find out the cause here in the next few days, I'll let you guys know.

Thanks,
--Shawn

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Chintan,
Thank you for your response. Actually it only happens in games, there are a few games I've tried where using both hands, it does this. However, in photo apps, in a hardware test, etc. it works just fine. Its either an SDK issue with the game platform for Windows phones or its an issue with the firmware and how it handles touch inputs for the games. If they use the XNA or MonoGame toolkit, it could be how the event proxies through to the base.

I'll have to develop a quick XNA app to test my theory, and if it works, report it to Microsoft or wait for Windows 10. If I find out the cause here in the next few days, I'll let you guys know.

Thanks,
--Shawn

You know more about this than I do so I'll leave you to it

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
There is a workaround kind of. In age of empires open the slide out menu on the left and it resets it. Also if you let up each finer separately it works. E.g. Right thumb wait one sec left thumb

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I contacted Blu. They are going to have a representative get in touch with me regarding why games aren't working with multi-touch. I explained what happens, how to alleviate it, and advised it could be a firmware or SDK issue. Hopefully, its just a firmware issue and a new one is sent on the way.

alpha_1

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: Touch Screen Issues - BLU WIN HD LTE

I downloaded the hardware test app to test the multi touch ability of the screen.
Looks like no one till date has checked it this way.

1. Single touch instance - the phone fails to detect single finger touch 5-10% of the times
2. Dual touch instance - the phone fails to detect two finger touch 50% of the times. The only way to improvise is by touching one finger first and THEN touching the second finger.
3. Triple touch instance - the phone detects only one finger, if you start moving then it detects the rest of the two fingers. As above, the way to improvise upon this situation is to touch each finger sequentially.

So it this hardware problem or firmware?
Hardware appears to be OK, otherwise the phone wouldn't be detecting even single finger instance.

I wonder if other folks are also facing the same issue?

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried switching the screen magnifier off?

I had the BLU WIN HD LTE for a while and it had all sorts of touch-screen issues (jumpy scrolling, poor multi-touch response), but only when the screen magnifier was switched on.

Go to 'Settings', 'Ease of Access' and switch off 'Screen Magnifier'.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

I downloaded the hardware test app to test the multi touch ability of the screen.
Looks like no one till date has checked it this way.

1. Single touch instance - the phone fails to detect single finger touch 5-10% of the times
2. Dual touch instance - the phone fails to detect two finger touch 50% of the times. The only way to improvise is by touching one finger first and THEN touching the second finger.
3. Triple touch instance - the phone detects only one finger, if you start moving then it detects the rest of the two fingers. As above, the way to improvise upon this situation is to touch each finger sequentially.

So it this hardware problem or firmware?
Hardware appears to be OK, otherwise the phone wouldn't be detecting even single finger instance.

I wonder if other folks are also facing the same issue?

Odd, the Hardware Test worked fine, I believe I posted above that it only happens in the games (maybe that was a message to Blu); but yeah, if you have two fingers down, you have to release one then the other to ensure the one touch doesn't get stuck. Blu never contacted me back =/ not very happy about that.

chancooluk - I'll try that today after work and see. Right now my primary device is my Alcatel.

alpha_1

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

I had the BLU WIN HD LTE for a while and it had all sorts of touch-screen issues (jumpy scrolling, poor multi-touch response), but only when the screen magnifier was switched on.

:)!
What you suggested seems to have "solved" the problem.
Though I would wait for a little longer to categorically claim it - but the hardware test works fine now, and I don't have much trouble typing fast.

By the way, what is this screen magnifier and why was it turned on by default if it is so buggy?

THANKS A TON!

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Though I would wait for a little longer to categorically claim it - but the hardware test works fine now, and I don't have much trouble typing fast.

By the way, what is this screen magnifier and why was it turned on by default if it is so buggy?

THANKS A TON!

Didn't fix mine, nor was it on by default =/. Even tried switching it on and off.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

THANKS A TON!

Glad it worked for you.

The screen magnifier is to help people with poor vision. It allows you to zoom into a portion of the screen by double-tapping it with 2 fingers at the same time. It's known to cause issues with some displays for some reason, the Lumia 535 and BLU WIN HD LTE are the worst affected.

Most phones have it off by default (later shipments of the BLU WIN HD LTE also had it switched off).

trump 4 prez

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello All,

Thanks.

You are not alone in this issue. I have the exact same problem while trying to play halo spartan assault or spartan strike. Will be playing for a little and then I lose touch on one side of the screen. I have to press the windows button. Reopen the game and start playing again untill it happens again. Something with the touchscreen is buggy. It is sad too as I really like this phone. I am going to return it and look into other windows phones. Perhaps an HTC or a Lumia.

trump 4 prez

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Did not work for me either.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
It helped, but did not eliminate the issue for me either. I've essentially had to learn to type slower. I use Wordflow almost exclusively as that eliminates the issue.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I finally got a response from Blu. Their amazing advice?

--Download a 3rd party keyboard from the Windows Store.

Now I have yet to see any keyboards available to install on the Blu or Win Mobile devices overall. Correct me if I'm wrong, if there is a 3rd party keyboard, let me know. Otherwise, I think they've lost it, or just don't care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon