(Dropped) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD rumored to have insider builds.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I grabbed some kind of configuration update today from the Fast ring, but it still shows .164 as my release level, so I'm not sure it really did anything.

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Maybe they're seeing the screen streaking and working on a fix.

Who knows, the phone has some bugs (screen sensitivity for example), however after flashing ROM available for x150e in another thread everything apparently works fine or at least so for the price (got mine for 50GBP on black Friday sale off Amazon) except some IE bugs (closing randomly, freezing), but I believe that's not the problem of firmware and is just a matter of hard reset which I am a bit lazy to do, because it is my daily driver.

However, I suppose that we will see soon what fixes BLU is doing (not MS 'soon' hopefully tho), but from my point of view streaks are not as annoying as background picture issue with w10m, which is bug in w10m itself, rather than the firmware done by BLU, and streaks from my perspective can be hardly justified as a reason to pause the upgrade and remove restore image from WDRT (if it is buggy, how users are going to restore?)

raudes

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded my Blu w510u to release 14291, before this the phone had release .164. After the upgrade phone went unstable, reboots itself every few minutes, ocasionally freezing and was unable to download market apps. I've made a hard reset but the phone got stuck at the welcome screen with a list of languages to choose but nothing happened after selecting a language. Then I downloaded Windows Device Recovery Too, downgraded to windows 8.1 and ah this moment I'm updating to windows 10 again.

lazybum131

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I think either newer firmware and/or some software optimization is required for the Win HD LTE. Animations are quite jerky especially when compared to the Lumia Icon. And even using for only a short time I notice a lot more app crashes and system hangs than the Icon. And there may potentially be a bug in the display scaling, the Office apps don't use the same UI as on my Icon and 920. The Win HD LTE displays them like I would expect on a tablet instead of the more minimalist phone UI.

Icon:
wp_ss_20160326_0001.jpg

Win HD LTE:
wp_ss_20160326_0001 1.png

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Huh...that would explain why my Outlook app (when writing an email) looks like the tablet one and not the pictures I've seen from Lumia's.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes