Traveling to Canada the sumer

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
This July my son and I will be traveling to Toronto for a week and I need some information on buying sim cards for us. I have a L900 which I know I will have to have unlock before the trip and my son will be using my Samsung Focus S (since I believe it's too soon for him to get his Iphone 5 unlocked). Both phones are AT&T.

Can someone suggest what my best options are for voice and data while we're there? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Phone Guy 4567

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Well for a week you will be looking at prepad service. Are there really great cheap options IMO no. There are the relatively new companies like Wind & Moblicity that offer voice & data for cheap but coverage can be spotty to downright terrible, they operate on 1700 MHz like a lot of T-mobile USA network does. I'm not sure if the 2 phones mentioned support AWS 1700. The big 3 Rogers, Bell & Telus as well as their sub brands Fido, Koodo, Virgin Mobile & Chatr have generally excellent coverage, but depending on how much voice & data you use can get pricey

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Well for a week you will be looking at prepad service. Are there really great cheap options IMO no. There are the relatively new companies like Wind & Moblicity that offer voice & data for cheap but coverage can be spotty to downright terrible, they operate on 1700 MHz like a lot of T-mobile USA network does. I'm not sure if the 2 phones mentioned support AWS 1700. The big 3 Rogers, Bell & Telus as well as their sub brands Fido, Koodo, Virgin Mobile & Chatr have generally excellent coverage, but depending on how much voice & data you use can get pricey

Thanks for the reply. it's a start. I was told that Rogers might be the way to go for such a relatively short trip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon