Verizon Entering Canadian Market?

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
So there are a lot of rumors flying around now that Verizon wants to buy Wind Mobile and possibly Mobilicity here in Canada as both of those companies are looking for a taker.

I do like the competition that Wind and Mobilicity have brought to the Canadian market and their low prices so I am hoping that Verizon would continue on with that trend, instead of raising prices to match the likes of Rogers, Bell and Telus.

The positives could be that there would be cheap (possibly free?) roaming in the US for Canadian customers and in Canada for US customers. Verizon would also get access to better phones than what Wind usually gets.

It's going to be interesting for the next few months.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I do like the fact that the Canadian market has more competition. Allowing VZW to enter, rather than letting Telus or Rogers buy Wind/Mobilicity increases the competition.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, low prices and Verizon are mutually exclusive. They are highest priced carrier in US market.

The thing is Verizon will be entering the market against 3 well established competitors. If they want to attract new customers then they will have to offer lower prices than what the incumbents are already offering, otherwise it's pointless for them to come to Canada.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes