Can I determine if unlocked phone will work with T-Mobile features like hot spot and wi-fi calling?

roastbeefalo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I switched over to T-mobile with an unlocked Lumia 900. This phone was never supported by T-mobile, so certain things don't work, like wi-fi calling and internet sharing aka hot spot. I am looking to upgrade, but I don't want any of the current Windows phones offered by T-mobile. Is there any way to confirm that an unlocked phone will work with t-mobile features? For example, I assume that an unlocked Lumia 1020 will not work with those features. However, if I get an unlocked HTC 8x, would that work with t-mobile features because it was a phone offered by T-mobile? Would it have to be a certain model? Thanks.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Wi-Fi calling won't work if you have a phone that isn't specifically T-Mobile branded (and of course, older WPs like the 8X and Lumia 810 don't have it). As for Internet sharing, I guess it might work as long as you don't install Access Point, which is said to break the feature.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, the key here is it has to be unlocked AND unbranded. If you simply have a 900 that was branded to ATT Internet Sharing WON'T work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon