MetroPCS plans questions - confirm what they say

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking of switching from T-Mobile to MetroPCS for our phones. I had 3 questions I couldn't find answers for on their site so asked CS by phone. But I am not confident I got the right answers for at least one of the questions and since they don't have chat or do email (that I could find) I don't really have anything to use in a dispute in case they were wrong. So I'd like to hear from MetroPCS customers.

Question 1: Do your plans include Caller ID with name? CS Answer: To get names, its a $5/month add on for all plans.

Question 2: Do your plans have WiFi calling like T-Mobile? CS Answer: Yes

Question 3: One of our phones is still locked to T-Mobile, Can I use that phone without unlocking it since you use T-Mobile's system? CS Answer: No, the phones have to be unlocked.

I was pretty sure I read that people were using T-Mobile locked phones but don't remember where. And I also get the impression that features like Caller ID are not the same with all plans so was suspicious of that things like CallerID with names were part of some of the plans.

So did I get the straight scoop from CS?

Also, any gotchas I would want to know about switching?

Thanks

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've moved your thread to the Carrier Discussion Lounge forum. Hopefully some people who have MetroPCS will be able to answer your questions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes