09-05-2014 12:54 PM
63 123
tools
    If you want my twitter its JunIsTheName
    dcbakkk and Nerdy Woman like this.
    08-30-2014 04:13 AM
    I know America has some of the worst telecoms in the world but this is ridiculous. Even Rogers here in Canada gave my 920 the Cyan update last week...
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    08-30-2014 08:39 AM
    ...With 8.1 GDR1 I'm getting good battery life so basically there're no incentives to upgrade if you're on Dev preview.
    Wow, battery life on 8.1 without Cyan is anything but good. Pathetic would be much more accurate. I've been tweeting ATTCustomerCare as well with no luck.
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    08-30-2014 09:20 PM
    Wow, battery life on 8.1 without Cyan is anything but good. Pathetic would be much more accurate. I've been tweeting ATTCustomerCare as well with no luck.
    do a hard reset. yes, you lose everything. it will help in the end.
    also, 920 has reached eol and as such will get cyan last.
    09-01-2014 02:07 PM
    also, 920 has reached eol and as such will get cyan last.
    where are you getting this info from?
    09-01-2014 02:32 PM
    meant to say the 1020 is reaching eol but it but has gotten cyan.
    the 920 can't be far behind. saw in another article here on WPC
    that maybe this week.
    09-01-2014 02:57 PM
    meant to say the 1020 is reaching eol but it but has gotten cyan.
    the 920 can't be far behind. saw in another article here on WPC
    that maybe this week.
    Where is it, link of the article?
    09-01-2014 07:03 PM
    Where is it, link of the article?
    Here:

http://m.windowscentral.com/lumia-10...-microsoft#vx3
    09-01-2014 07:30 PM
    a little patience maybe ?

didn't they just roll out Cyan for 1020 and 1520 ? Maybe we can expect it in the next couple of weeks.

AFAIK, Cyan doesn't bring any improvements to 920. The camera improvements are for 1520 / 1020. With 8.1 GDR1 I'm getting good battery life so basically there're no incentives to upgrade if you're on Dev preview.
    The incentive for me is to get Fitbit running... Doesn't without Cyan.
    09-01-2014 07:53 PM
    where are you getting this info from?
    Private places 😃
    09-01-2014 07:56 PM
    My ATT rant on Twitter today:

@joebelfiore Microsoft should seize control of @windowsphone firmware updates because @ATT won't inform users about status & #ATTdoesntcare
    made an account (for personal reasons) and made a new hash tag: #joebelfioredoesntcare. Since at&t won't give straight answers, belfiore is the next best option.
    09-01-2014 09:40 PM
    made an account (for personal reasons) and made a new hash tag: #joebelfioredoesntcare. Since at&t won't give straight answers, belfiore is the next best option.
    I'm not sure that's fair. I suspect Microsoft had to make some concessions to get AT&T to take on WP (they were the first carrier to do so), and with all carriers, give the carriers final authority on software/firmware releases (not unexpected since the carriers are going to be the first-tier support).

I think the DP is Microsoft's way of getting around the carrier sign-off. They've made it available to everyone, waiving all dev fees. Everyone who is aware that a major update/upgrade is coming can get the software now, knowing that support is limited.

If WP had 10% market share and growing, JB might be able to press the carriers about the release. And although part of cause of the low market share may be the carriers themselves, Microsoft is probably doing all they can to get 8.1, with all its improvements and new features, on the streets. Why wouldn't they?
    09-01-2014 10:12 PM
    I'm not sure that's fair. I suspect Microsoft had to make some concessions to get AT&T to take on WP (they were the first carrier to do so), and with all carriers, give the carriers final authority on software/firmware releases (not unexpected since the carriers are going to be the first-tier support).

I think the DP is Microsoft's way of getting around the carrier sign-off. They've made it available to everyone, waiving all dev fees. Everyone who is aware that a major update/upgrade is coming can get the software now, knowing that support is limited.

If WP had 10% market share and growing, JB might be able to press the carriers about the release. And although part of cause of the low market share may be the carriers themselves, Microsoft is probably doing all they can to get 8.1, with all its improvements and new features, on the streets. Why wouldn't they?
    true, but neither he himself or Microsoft has, to my knowledge, made mention of this. Also, I got a look at his twitter page and I've been checking on wpcentral, but neither has said much on this matter. If he (or others) starts talking about this after my twitter statement, I'll gladly take back the hashtag.
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    09-01-2014 10:39 PM
    I've been very vocal about the issue with AT&T on their Facebook page (I don't use twitter.) Every time I get the same canned response such as "we have no news to share at this time" or "we understand your concern." I'm going to be filing a complaint with the FCC today like I did with the Amber update delay and I encourage you all to do the same. That forces AT&T to respond to you by phone.
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    09-03-2014 10:36 AM
    My tweet today:

@ATTCustomerCare Where is cyan firmware for @windowsphone? Only 3 carriers in the world are still testing. @FCC needs to know #ATTdoesntcare
    dcbakkk likes this.
    09-03-2014 11:16 AM
    Second tweet today:

@joebelfiore Can you hammer @ATT at all? Still no cyan for @NokiaUS 920. TWO MONTHS. #ATTdoesntcare
    dcbakkk likes this.
    09-03-2014 01:49 PM
    Second tweet today:

@joebelfiore Can you hammer @ATT at all? Still no cyan for @NokiaUS 920. TWO MONTHS. #ATTdoesntcare
    Did you get their response?
    09-03-2014 10:57 PM
    Did you get their response?
    Response only from NokiaUSA: @NerdyWoman51 We are working hard to get the update to all phones, your patience is very much appreciated.

blah, blah, blah
    09-03-2014 11:30 PM
    I'm pretty certain that the delays are because many 1020 AT&T Phil's have serious freezing/crashing issues after the official cyan/8.1 update. They're only note starting to look into fixing those according to MS' customer support. I imagine they want to make sure the same thing first happen with the 920. I do agree though that they should at lest say something about it. I posted to they Facebook page that there are now 4 separate large threads about the post cyan crashing issue and no one from Nokia, MS, or AT&T had responded to any of them even though 2 see on official sort forums.
    09-03-2014 11:41 PM
    Ahh... The perils of the new 8.1 Swype keyboard. So many more typos, yet so quick, it's difficult to not use it. So please excuse the typos above.
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    09-03-2014 11:43 PM
    This is really killing WP for me...
    09-03-2014 11:45 PM
    This is really killing WP for me...
    I tried moving back to Android a few years ago (during wait for Mango update). I found that Android is no better. Both AT&T and Verizon had ridiculously show updated to new versions of Android.
    09-04-2014 12:08 AM
    well, pretty sure MS/Nokia are not caring at this very moment as they have a press event at IFA in less than 3 hours....so it's all up to AT&T...yeah, maybe before the end of the year?
    09-04-2014 12:15 AM
    well, pretty sure MS/Nokia are not caring at this very moment as they have a press event at IFA in less than 3 hours....so it's all up to AT&T...yeah, maybe before the end of the year?
    Only fk them in heart, pathetic.
    09-04-2014 07:54 AM
    It here! Updating now!
    xandros9 likes this.
    09-04-2014 12:14 PM
63 123