Page Plus 4G LTE

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
In case some of you didn't know, Page Plus now offers 4G LTE service. It rides on Big Red's towers and has been up since October 1st. You won't find any mention of this on their web page so you have to go to dealers' websites. Personally, I've always used Kitty Wireless for anything I can't handle myself. The SIM cards are only available through dealers but I've read reports that there are some already on eBay. They range anywhere from $5-$15 depending on where you go. I got mine for $11 with shipping from Kitty.

No longer do you have to be on an old or crappy 3G EV-DO device to enjoy PP's cheap plans. Any Verizon-branded 4G LTE phone will work. Speaking of plans, there has been no changes to the plan pricing as yet. I wouldn't anticipate any changes since Verizon's own prepaid plans have remained the same. I've read reports that the LTE from Page Plus is throttled, nonsense. I have seen no difference in download or upload speeds on my device. If you're on a 3G phone and want to switch, it's as simple as going on their chat and giving them your phone number, the ESN of your existing device, the IMEI of the new device and the full 20-digit number from your new SIM. It took all of 5 minutes to have me up and running. No muss, no fuss. So simple even a caveman can do it.

I'm sure there are many out there who didn't want to be stuck on a HTC Trophy as their only means to get on Page Plus. That's no longer the case. I don't know if Internet Sharing works even though it's not expressly forbidden by Page Plus. As I understand it, Verizon is who locks the feature out. Since there's no known way to bypass this on WP or BB OS10, I went Android to be able to root and use a 3rd party tethering app. Enjoy!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes