Lumia 735 RM-1039 works great on T-Mobile

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for doing the legwork on this one... Based on Microsoft Store and gsmarena specs I would have said no it won't work on T-Mo, but you proved them all wrong. Good on ya, bro.

Bleser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'll begin searching, but thought I would ask in this thread.

I picked up two unlocked Nokia devices and joined T-Mobile this weekend. I can confirm the 1520.3 and 735 that B&H sells both get LTE in Saint Louis too.

Questions:
Is visual voicemail possible on an unlocked device like this on T-Mobile? How do I set it up if so?
How about wi-fi calling via T-Mobile? How do you get that setup?
Finally, group texts and texts with images seem to all have "NoSubject" posted on them. How do I turn that off?

Steven Penner

May 29, 2014
Visit site
1. L735 RM-1039 requires no setup for VVM, it works out of the box.
2. I can't install the WiFi calling app as it's not a T-Mobile branded phone.
3. I have always had that experience, even on my T-Mobile labeled L521.

Steven Penner

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Update: as I traveled down from Seattle to Sacramento over the past 10 days, I never experienced less than H data speeds on my L735 except in Grants Pass in southern Oregon. Just a personal anecdotal experience data point for west coast T-Mobile subscribers. Almost always the speed was comparable to my Lumia Icon (on Verizon).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I concur, Visual Voicemail just works on unlocked devices. I've had several on T-Mo with no issue.

I concur, WiFi calling requires a BRANDED phone or you won't get the App/Service. As a side note, if SoftCard (formerly ISIS) follows the pattern of Verizon and AT&T deployments - it will only go to BRANDED phones as well.

​I've never used group SMS.

Bleser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all. I have visual voicemail working now on my unlocked 1520.3 and 735. I really like it since it is the built-in verson with Windows Phone (Sprint made you use some crappy Sprint app that was extremely buggy).

I think I'll just get used to seeing 'NoSubject' on my MMS messages until Windows Phone adds the option to not display it (or something with T-Mobile changes).

Finally, I haven't heard very good things about wi-fi calling so I think I won't care that I don't have that.

Loving it all so far.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
When is Microsoft going to bake WiFi calling into the core OS like Apple? (And Google who is working on it) This is one of the main reasons I wont consider a non T-mo branded phone...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes