02-10-2015 09:45 PM
42 12
tools
    It worked. Mine is now unlocked too!
    01-04-2015 06:56 AM
    ugh.... so does that mean the 1020 I bought is stolen/has unpaid bills? :(
    01-05-2015 10:23 AM
    Well usually when you purchase a used phone always ask the seller for a IMEI that way you can check for yourself if it's blacklisted. However for the unpaid bills it's a bit harder since they should of written financially blocked you could ask the seller for a refund if it's really blocked financially.
    01-05-2015 10:56 AM
    yeah, i checked online and it said it wasn't stolen, but yeah, the bill factor is harder to figure out. I think I'll just put it up on eBay or such and state it's carrier locked right now.
    01-05-2015 11:25 AM
    So what happened. Did they deny you?
    Or didn't you get a second email after the one asking for proof of purchase.
    01-06-2015 04:57 AM
    Quick question on this....I have a Lumia 635 from Go Phone but have been using it on WiFi only. Eventually I may want to use it on my T-Mobile account. If I request an unlock code now, do I have to do that immediately, or will that code still work a few months from now?
    01-06-2015 09:07 AM
    Quick question on this....I have a Lumia 635 from Go Phone but have been using it on WiFi only. Eventually I may want to use it on my T-Mobile account. If I request an unlock code now, do I have to do that immediately, or will that code still work a few months from now?
    Request it now and store the code in a safe place. The code can be activated whenever
    01-06-2015 10:58 AM
    So what happened. Did they deny you?
    Or didn't you get a second email after the one asking for proof of purchase.
    I got denied. A paypal invoice isn't valid since it's not from one of their distributed locations >_<. I'm trying a site that costs $50 for the unlock code. Hopefully it goes through >_<. If not... ebay time.
    01-06-2015 10:59 AM
    Request it now and store the code in a safe place. The code can be activated whenever
    Even better, get the code now... Power down the 635, insert your T-Mo SIM and when you power up it will ask for the code. Put the code in and unlock your 635.

It is an irreversible process. You can even flash the phone with LSRT and it is still unlocked. Not just for T-Mo either. It will take any SIM for the life of the phone.

No need to squirrel away the code and risk loosing it or forgetting where it is... Once unlocked, always unlocked.
    01-06-2015 11:28 AM
    Not exactly always unlocked, OEMs can relock the phone if you send your phone for warranty services. Besides that, yeah it's always unlocked.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-06-2015 11:30 AM
    Not exactly always unlocked, OEMs can relock the phone if you send your phone for warranty services. Besides that, yeah it's always unlocked.
    ​You got me there... They can also Blacklist your IMEI for outstanding balance owed.
    01-06-2015 11:40 AM
    Even better, get the code now... Power down the 635, insert your T-Mo SIM and when you power up it will ask for the code. Put the code in and unlock your 635.

It is an irreversible process. You can even flash the phone with LSRT and it is still unlocked. Not just for T-Mo either. It will take any SIM for the life of the phone.

No need to squirrel away the code and risk loosing it or forgetting where it is... Once unlocked, always unlocked.
    I have never swapped a sim into another phone, so this is all new to me - can the sim for the iPhone 6+ fit in a Lumia 635? Also, will that mess up anything on my t-mo account or iPhone? Trust me, I want to get rid of the 6+ ASAP but I'm stuck with it until July so I don't want to mess anything up on it.
    01-09-2015 09:53 AM
    I have never swapped a sim into another phone, so this is all new to me - can the sim for the iPhone 6+ fit in a Lumia 635? Also, will that mess up anything on my t-mo account or iPhone? Trust me, I want to get rid of the 6+ ASAP but I'm stuck with it until July so I don't want to mess anything up on it.
    Well basically this is how a SIM card works. They're three form factors (sizes): SIM, Micro-SIM and Nano-SIM. The one iPhone uses is a nano-SIM (the smallest one).

Usually the newest phones (2014 phones) will have a nano-SIM but it is important to read the specs of the phone on the manufacturer's site (in case of the Lumia 635 it's a Micro-SIM) , if not you could either buy a Micro-SIM card at your telecom store, or a Micro-SIM adapter for your nano-SIM usually you'll find these adapters at big box electronic stores like Best Buy.

So yeah unfortunately the SIM card on the iPhone will not work on a 635 unless you either switch the SIM or get an adapter.
    RumoredNow and Mike Majeski like this.
    01-09-2015 10:00 AM
    Ah, bummer. Well I'll just store the unlock code in a safe place then. Thanks for the reply!
    01-09-2015 10:04 AM
    Done. Waiting for my unlock code now. Then to telus to get a simcard for my tablet.
    02-10-2015 06:47 PM
    Mike, when you get your unlock code. Type ##7820#
    Into your dialer.That will bring up screen to put your unlock code in.
    Follow the unlock directions and your done.
    Make sure you keep a
    Copy of the unlock code.

No sim card needed to unlock your phone by using that code.
    RumoredNow and HeyCori like this.
    02-10-2015 09:29 PM
    Just check the link here, basic guide for unlocking AT&T phones.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/t/3...t-edition.html
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-10-2015 09:45 PM
42 12