Straight talk incoming mms issue

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello All-
Curious to see if anyone else is having the same issue as us. My family has three lumia 920s on straight talk with byod plans. Recently straight talk announced that we will be getting 5gb instead of 3gb highspeed. Coincidentally right after that announcement none of our phones will receive a mms picture message. I have spent endless hours on the phone with straight talk trying all different apn settings. I have researched for a few hours trying different apn settings and no luck.

As you can imagine I have seen plenty of other posts in the past months about mms having issues. However, its just odd that we can surf the net without wifi, send a pic to someone outside of straight talk, send a normal text, receive a normal text, just cannot receive a mms. I have reformatted the phone, deleted all settings, tried so many different variations without any luck.

As of right now we put our apn settings back to the original where everything is working except for incoming picture messages.

wp_ss_20150507_0001.pngwp_ss_20150507_0002.pngwp_ss_20150507_0003.png

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... It's borked for me now too. Can send, but not receive MMS on Straight Talk AT&T SIM.

I've tried a couple variations on the settings, soft reset, delete APN and MMS / reboot / input settings fresh.

If anyone gets this solved post ASAP.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Tried older settings, no go for send or receive so there is no fallback to the recent att.mvno APN set.

Tried toggling IP type to IPv4 (only) and IPv6 (only) and neither of them would work.

I have a question in on the ST forum and am waiting for one of their paid mods to get back to me.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Any luck, o1legacygt???

I can't believe there are not more users in this thread. Can it be possible we are the only two affected this way?

I was on chat with ST support this evening. They reprovisioned me and still nothing!!! :shocked:

How can that possibly be???

:angry:

aeblen25

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue. Tried several MMS settings combinations. This is extremely frustrating and I hope they either fix it, or release the correct settings soon. I will definitely post something on here if I find anything out. Please do the same! My data has kinda bogged down over the past day or 2 as well. Not a problem while im at home on wifi, but frustrating when I leave the house. Almost as if I have reached the limit, which I am not even close to 2 gigs yet. Not sure what's up with that...it shows that I have 4 bars of LTE. Anyways, the incoming MMS issue is more of a concern at the moment.

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Still nothing positive to report here. All three phones are still not able to receive any MMS/pic messages. We are going to wait until the next cycle and see what happens. Our guess is something was provisioned on the network and they dont know how to fix it. Will let you know.. otherwise we are going to move on to a new carrier.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I am in the same boat. Can send but not receive MMS. Didn't even realize it until I ran across this thread. ST AT&T SIM in a 930. Anyone resolved this yet?

jsellis_87

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I think everyone is having this issue. I've tried calling them as well and they kept me on the phone for an hour and said they updated their network info and it would take 24 hours. Its been close to that and still no such luck. We've been through a million different APN settings and restarting phones left and right. Still nothing. This is incredibly annoying and super disappointing.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This has got to be carrier side. It is very odd that one can send MMS (means the settings are right) but not receive MMS.

As the OP states, it also started for me (or I noticed after) Straight Talk sent me an SMS via short code 54676. My wife got the same SMS at the same time. Her Android will send and receive MMS just fine.

Mine are a bit different: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/333498-going-nuts-here.html#post2933337 and I have been using these for 6 months with no issue.

...My data has kinda bogged down over the past day or 2 as well. Not a problem while im at home on wifi, but frustrating when I leave the house. Almost as if I have reached the limit, which I am not even close to 2 gigs yet. Not sure what's up with that...it shows that I have 4 bars of LTE...

I'm not getting any slow downs here... May be unrelated? Check for work on towers in your area if it does not get better.

Same boat, cant send or receive MMS called my provider several times they said they will rectify it but they never do! I'm in Australia

Nick, I'm sorry about your issues, but since this is a specific carrier in the US I'm not sure our solution will help you when it comes. Could you PM me with what carrier and phone you are using and I can try and research what might be a fix for you? Or try using these guys for a lookup. IMHO they are pretty accurate. World Wide Mobile Phone Settings

...they updated their network info and it would take 24 hours...

Same here. And I asked specifically if I was getting reprovisioned and they said yes. That means they instruct the system with a fresh set of credentials for your SIM # telling it what you are authorized for. I'm not sure how that fails. I think we have to wait for some engineer at ST to have an ah ha moment and correct the right line of code in the new "you get 5GB high speed data" instruction set on the servers...

dmboddity

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Having the same exact issue and failed attempts at correction on a BLU WIN HD straight talk phone. Straight talk customer service keeps transferring the call and dropping it most times. If anyone finds a solution let us all know PLEASE!!!!!

-hopeful

Fish On

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Can no longer receive MMS - can still send

I've had a Lumia 920 since October of last year. Purchased it used, and have used it on a straight talk byop account that I've had for more than a year.

Up until the end of last week, all was well. No issues with the phone, or straight talk. Calls, fine, texts fine, web browser works fine, MMS works fine.

However, around the end of the week, people started asking if I'd ever received the photo messages they've sent. After testing back and forth with a relative, it turns out that I cannot receive any MMS messages (the message never appears - it's as if it never existed), however I can still send them, and the recipient gets it as normal.
Everything else (calls, SMS, browser, etc) functions fine.

I have plenty of data left. Data sense shows I've used 490Mb in the past 30 days - Straight Talk allows 3Gb, so no issues there.

I've spent a few hours on the phone with Straight Talk customer service over this. We have checked, rechecked and further checked all the APN settings. Furthermore, they're all the same as the last 6 months, where it worked flawlessly. We've also restarted the phone a bazillion times. They aren't really sure what else to do, as they can't find any issue on their end.

Based on another thread I found on this site, mentioning a corrupt file in a past MMS message and something to do with the backup, I have deleted all the texts on the phone, then did a soft reset (hold down power and volume down). I've also turned off the text message backup (also followed by a soft reset). None of these have made any difference.

I'm not really sure what else to do. At this point, I'm clueless as to whether the issue is more likely to be related to straight talk, or if it's an operating system issue.

Any suggestions?

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Happy to hear that its not just us. I thought we were going crazy. Sounds like it might be isolated to windows phones on straight talk. Im going to see if i cant grab an android phone and see if i cant get it to work. I will let you know if I can find someone to borrow it from.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Happy to hear that its not just us. I thought we were going crazy. Sounds like it might be isolated to windows phones on straight talk. Im going to see if i cant grab an android phone and see if i cant get it to work. I will let you know if I can find someone to borrow it from.
My daughter's galaxy S5 on ST AT&T SIM does NOT have any MMS issues. I have used the same apn settings for over a year without issue until this recent data increase. It has to be something on Straight Talk's end regarding WP settings. I opened a help ticket on ST facebook page. I usually get a quick response that way but haven't heard back yet for this problem.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon