MVNOs and short codes? Your experience?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I found out that my current plan on T-mobile doesn't support "short codes" like ones that a bank, Paypal or others will send. It's not something that I use often, but the fact that it doesn't is a bummer and has me possibly considering looking at outside options, that don't do contracts (or at least ones that will penalize you for leaving).

Does anyone use an MVNO that supports/allows short codes?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use an MVNO that supports/allows short codes?

Sorry about the late reply. I looked around for some short codes to send to, didn't see any handy and got busy.

On Cricket I certainly receive short codes all the time from my carrier and Bing Rewards App. Same on ST. I got short codes all the time.

I'm not sure why T-Mo would fail to deliver to you from a short code.

So on ATT mvno carriers I receive Short Code messages all the time. I replied to a Cricket short code just a bit ago and it seems to have gone through...

YMMV

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Sorry about the late reply. I looked around for some short codes to send to, didn't see any handy and got busy.

On Cricket I certainly receive short codes all the time from my carrier and Bing Rewards App. Same on ST. I got short codes all the time.

I'm not sure why T-Mo would fail to deliver to you from a short code.

So on ATT mvno carriers I receive Short Code messages all the time. I replied to a Cricket short code just a bit ago and it seems to have gone through...

YMMV
It's fine! Thank you for replying, this is helpful to me. I called T-mobile and apparently, it's something they are "working on" for the no credit check plans, only. The other plans have it though, which is kind of weird, but eh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes