Extended battery?

ChevyMSU35

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found an extended battery for the HD7 (not counting the $5 generic 1500mAh batteries on eBay)? I see that Seidio will be releasing a battery for the Surround soon (although it's only 1300mAh seidioonline.com) but there's no indication of similar plans for the HD7.

ChevyMSU35

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I spoke too soon. Seidio now has a listing on their site for a 1300mAh battery "coming soon." seidioonline.com

I would still like to see something a little bigger (2000 and up) but at least we know that new accessories are being developed.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm gonna post this question here since it is about the battery and I don't really wanna start a new thread... So of course we all know that the battery on this device is crap but mine seems exceptionally "crappy" so I'd like to get an outside opinion, is 2 hours for a full charge a bit short assuming I'm using it continuously from full to dead?

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I'm gonna post this question here since it is about the battery and I don't really wanna start a new thread... So of course we all know that the battery on this device is crap but mine seems exceptionally "crappy" so I'd like to get an outside opinion, is 2 hours for a full charge a bit short assuming I'm using it continuously from full to dead?

Mine was like that too. Two hours seemed short. Do this though: run it all the way to empty (or close to it). Then leave it plugged in for 8 hours. Do this a couple times. My battery would last maybe half the day before I did this. HTC actually recommends this.

And 20 bucks for the battery @falconeight is selling is a good deal. I think that are 35 or 40 bucks retail.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine was like that too. Two hours seemed short. Do this though: run it all the way to empty (or close to it). Then leave it plugged in for 8 hours. Do this a couple times. My battery would last maybe half the day before I did this. HTC actually recommends this.

And 20 bucks for the battery @falconeight is selling is a good deal. I think that are 35 or 40 bucks retail.

alright cool thanks for the advice. What I ended up doing is from a full charge I drained it to completely dead then charged it for about 3 hours and that helped a bit then I drained that charge to dead and charged for about 3.5 hours (or approx. 30 min. after the LED turned green) and that seemed to help substantially. how long a charge is truly a full charge for this battery? Oh and @falconeight no thanks I just finished getting my HD7 and I wanna see what the true range of this battery is before i go buying spares and/or replacements. (that is one hell of a deal though)

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was fully charged when the green light came one, but then read the thing from HTC saying to leave it plugged in for 6-8 hours after the green light comes on. I'll look for the article.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was fully charged when the green light came one, but then read the thing from HTC saying to leave it plugged in for 6-8 hours after the green light comes on. I'll look for the article.

whoa charge it 6-8 hours past the green light every time or just once?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2