Nokia Wireless Charging Plate First Impressions

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I received my Nokia Plate from Daily Deals. Not sure if it was brand new or not, but I don't really care. Black plate, with black cord, and a rather large (white) power plug. Not sure why it is white but again, it sits behind a desk so I don't mind.

I have a Lumia 928, and one of those eBay TPU cases. I was afraid I would have to take the case off, but it works great right through the case. I couldn't be happier!

My previous phone was a Palm Pre 2 which also had wireless charging so I am a huge fan. Convenient and easy. (Though I wish the Lumia had the magnetic grip of the Palm Pre).

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I got the free charger back when I ordered my 920 back at launch. It's my first experience with wireless charging and it's great. I only use the usb port to charge when travelling. I don't I will get a phone that doesn't have it from here on out.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the wireless charging is great, although as you say, that giant white adapter is a bit much.

I got the Wireless Stand version, which could use a design tweak to lock the phone into place, otherwise it sometimes takes a fast trip to the floor.

There's a vid on YouTube of a guy who integrated the charging plate into his Nightstand so he just puts the phone down on top of the Nightstand and it charges (through the stand material). Very cool.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2