What do YOU look for in an upcoming "smartwatch" to purchase?

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,
So the recent article Microsoft smartwatch teased with recent patent filing, looks super sleek | Windows Phone Central has me thinking what I should look for to COMPLIMENT my smartphone!
Post your wants and thoughts.
Lets be realistic here....

My preference is a smartwatch/sportsband to compliment my current windows phone 8(8.1) hardware(Nokia Lumia 925).
Now what i mean by "compliment" I mean what's missing in my current devices hardware.
Like: Heart rate monitor, motion sensors as used in the Nokia Lumia 1520, icon/930, and 630/635.
There is a beta app for motion by Nokia that can only be used on those mentioned devices. To add on top Nokia is releasing a sensor SDK / API (correct someone if im wrong here).

Now it sucks with my current hardware on my device this "extra" can not be used.
That's the only reason an want for me to make a smartwatch purchase.
I so no other need.
Please enlighten me if so....
Thank you all.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I really wish it that it was bigger. I don't really know what to think because I was so looking forward to and thinking of possible features for a larger watch. But anyway, I'm hoping for some sort of interface where you have the option of showing a medium-live tile or four small tiles. I'm hoping for gesture recognition since I'd rather not use a screen that small but I've been waiting too long and want it so bad that I'd get it even with that screen size.

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Tile interface I'd like too...
Say swipe from side to side a one sized tile.
Besides bigger, anything else on the hardware aspect?

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping it could support wireless charging, but I don't know how obvious it would or wouldn't be from looking at the patent pictures whether it has that or not because I don't know how supporting wireless charging would affect thickness.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Time displayed on it when idle.
Wireless charging.
Notifications displayed on it.
Vibration.
Waterproof.
Oh, and the killer for Windows Phone - the smartwatch actually existing.

I like the Kairos concept, but that's only at prototype.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
whatever Microsoft releases as a "smartwatch" or smart band, fitness band, whatever, it has to be:

• full metal, 26mm interchangeable straps would be perfect
  • big touchscreen display
  • wireless charging preferred
  • water proof
  • always on like glance screen
  • NFC
  • if It lasts half a day with heavy use im ok with that

its main functions should be: notifications, remote control and fitness tracker. and nothing else, and yes I want live tiles and modern UI there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes