Own or buying the MSFT Band outside of USA

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
My one was sent out on Sunday. It spent 3 days to leave the US. It was held by the Australian Custom last night. Now it is being held at the New Zealand Custom. I cannot get it before next Monday. The shipment is a nightmare.

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
UK customs import cost should be a max of 22.5% which is 20% vat plus a max of 2.5% import duty. This should be charged on the item value stated on the packaging. if I am reading the gov website correctly. Depending what exchange rate they apply there could be zero import duty. Interested to see what everyone is charged. FedEx send you a letter after delivery.

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
which size have you got? maybe you can sell it on eBay in UK and buy a smaller one.
I got the large as I was right between sizes so figured it would be fine but its about 5mm too big and just shakes about my wrist. Ordered a medium now which is back in stock so will make the large available at cost on ebay once I find out custom charges.

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Whoop! 😊😊😊 Arrived, it fits, it's gorgeous but now has to be wrapped for Christmas and stare at me from under the tree

Last edited:

d0m1

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Contaced bigapplebuddy tuesday evening and received the large band today in switzerland, amazingly fast service! :smile:

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Contaced bigapplebuddy tuesday evening and received the large band today in switzerland, amazingly fast service! :smile:

Yeah bigapplebuddy is really good. I just found I'd got 28 emails with them for buying this band. They responded very fast and they were very patient.

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Got mine yesterday evening, been using it since and suitably impressed. Build quality is excellent, tracking is accurate so far. Battery life very impressive.

Alec Glen

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I picked one up (as did my wife) on honeymoon in the US a couple of weeks ago when they had them in stock instore and just thought I'd mention that I've not had any problems with the region settings or sync since coming back. Whilst in store the MS rep changed my region to US and downloaded the app letting me sync everything up but then also going to American Cortana and MSN News etc which isn't ideal...

When I got back Friday I checked online and MS actually allow users to have accounts in as many regions as they want, simply change the region and download an app then change back to another region so I've since changed it back to UK and everything's back as it was and I've still got the Health app to manage the band :)

Region info here (not enough posts to link yet: forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/217903-changing-my-windows-phone-store-region.html#post2240689

Getting the region changed on my wife's android HTC One was an absolute nightmare, the guy in the store was terrific though and even had the patience to backup and reset the whole thing in order to change the region, took 2-3hrs total!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720