BAND Accuracy?

manders500

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a BASIS B1 that seems to miss heart rate for decent periods of time especially when I play hockey. Has anyone used the BAND during fast paced sports yet or have you seen any missed data?

tmark86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing. I haven't ever used an HR monitor while playing hockey but I have games both tomorrow and Monday and want to test it out. I've never worn anything on my wrists while I play so I'm not sure if it will be comfortable or restrict my wrist at all. I'll make sure to report back after I test it out.

shawncade

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
The heart rate is not accurate at all. If you are completely still it seems to be accurate, as soon as you move it is off by 20 to 40 beats up and down. Very dissapointed with the Band as a HR monitor. It is going back.

sdrexler11791

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It seems to vary by person if you read the various posts in this forum. For me it has been very accurate when compared against manually taking my opposite wrist pulse. The accuracy may depend on many physiologic factors like the size of your wrist, thickness of your skin and capillary density in your skin. The only way to know if it is accurate for you is to try one and compare it against your own manually taken pulse.

Paul Fox1

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Very disappointed with accuracy of both Heart Rate and Steps. Walking on a treadmill set at 15min mile pace, the band only records a little over 3 miles walked at the end of the hour. Steps seem to also be about 20% below what my FitBit recorded. Heart rate is a good 23-40 points consistently below what the treadmill sensor reads and what I know my heart rate is about. I've tried with the Band reading from on top and bottom of wrist, same result. Sleeping function seems to be reasonable but I can't count on the resting heart rate as being accurate. Other functions for messaging, weather, etc. work well and for that reason I'm keeping but hope a SW update might fix these two functions.

dbregman

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Others have pointed out that the accuracy of steps (distance) on the treadmill will be impacted by holding on to the rails - could this be the case here? Also I believe (based upon my experiences) that the real time band HR display lags the actual reading.

swndg86

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I wore it for hockey along with my Polar FT60 and the results were accurate relative to my Polar FT60. The only time a saw a discrepancy was when my heart rate went over 180 at the end of some of my shifts. Overall, the avg heart rate and calories burned were withina couple of bpms of each other. I also wore them both on a treadmill last night and the results were identical whenever I checked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes