My Impressions / Wish List

JeffeMaximus

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Let's get the wishlist out of the way (mainly just software issues). They need a user voice site up for this device.

Software:

1. Emails - You can have a VIP list, but I want to be able to choose which accounts are on or off. I only want my work emails to show up on the band. I don't need personal emails showing up. VIP list won't work for me.
  2. Live Tile - Can't believe the band app doesn't have a live tile. I want my percent to my goal as a live tile. I wonder if there is an API to get at this data so people can make apps for this. Even being able to switch between different graphs would be awesome. They could make the windows phone experience so much better, and at least be able to "differentiate" between the platforms. I know, all the data is on the band, but if I am on my phone, why not look at the data, graphs, etc???
  3. Started a workout when I got on the treadmill. After the workout, when I go into the activity on the Band app, it shows graph of heart rate but not steps. Wonder why it doesn't show all statistics it can gather during a workout. Maybe I need to start a Run, but I don't need GPS on a treadmill. Maybe user error but will continue to look into this.
  4. Show batter % somewhere. They learned this on the phone right, we want % remaining!

Hardware:
  1. Support swimming. I know this is tough, but would round out everything for me.
  2. Be just a tad more flexible. I don't think the weight is an issue it all but the stiffness you can tell.
  3. Wearing a long sleeve button shirt today, it's a little awkward, doesn't fit real well under the cuff of the sleeve.

All in all, love the device. I was able to trim from three devices to one (heart rate monitor, GPS, step counter), four if you count the strap for heart rate monitor. It's a little big, but again, I think the stiffness of it makes it feel bigger on your arm(no jokes here people!). As far as the difference between a watch and band, I wear a watch on my left arm for fashion / time. I wear this on my right arm for fitness and a reminder to GET UP off my *** during the day. To me, the watch is part fashion, part function. If you've spent money to buy something as nice a Rolex or other expensive watch, why stop wearing it? To me the band solves this. You can get the best of both worlds and you don't look like you are wearing two watches.

That's it for me after a day.

kayb27

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Most definitely sir. I'd also add a proper Windows 8.1 app and a site akin to the Windows Phone website where you can see all of your stats and maybe go a little more in depth on stats and such.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I guess the reason why it doesn't register on a treadmill could be because your arms might rest on the treadmill and basically stay static while your legs move. That way the band wouldn't be able to tell that you're walking. Just a thought, but would explain it.

Paul215821

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I would love to see glucose monitoring. This feature was rumoured to be included, and was what I was most looking forward to. It would certainly fill a void in current product offerings, not just for fitness fanatics trying to maximise their performance, but also diabetics. My dad is a diabetic, and having his glucose monitored continuously (and ideally sending automated warnings) would certainly give me peace of mind.

And of course global availability. With different export options to tie in with healthcare providers.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I guess it wasn't meant to fit under the cuff link of your button shirt because they want your band to track UV exposure. I am sure the band will become less stiff over time. I have a Nike Fuelband and it was pretty stiff when I first got it. Now it flexes pretty easily after over a year of usage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softradix