Feature Suggestions for Microsoft Band?

silvertonesx24

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Playback controls
Dismiss all notifications/sync dismissed notifications from phone
Instead of VIP email list- notify by email account
Disable the "send it" or two step cortana process. Would be so nice to just double click the action button to confirm or something.
Some kind of basic folder structure on tiles would be nice

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
The Cortana app should have a button option for yes/no. I hate having to speak "yes" every time she asks me if she should send the message. Just let me tap a button

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I would really like to see a stress monitoring function in the Band. It was my understanding at the time when purchasing the Band that it would be implemented in the future and was one of the major selling points to me. If it can't be done, then I must have misunderstood or was misinformed (I'm not really sure who or how many people mentioned it when the Band came out). Regardless, it's been a good device and helpful to me.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I just really want notification icons on Watch Mode similar to Glance so I can glance at my Band and see if I missed any messages!

Vidfamne

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I would like an app on the band that make use of the GPS for directions (Like a Garmin Watch). Maybe in partner with an app on the phone to show direction to nexr waypoint or something like that. Also, being able to pair it with a tablet and the tablet could use the GPS (instead of a GPS-puck).

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Got another one. More of an app opportunity than a Band feature as such.
I'm struggling with some prescription medication at the moment. The remembering if I've taken it or not bit. And it's the kind of meds I really don't want to get the dose wrong on. If I had a band, I'd like to use it as some sort of meds tracker. As in, respond to a non-urgent alarm on the unit to say that yes, I had my pills, bother me again in x hours. Probably could be done with alarms, tasks, appointments and snoozing etc, but a dedicated app might be better.

Warren Dean

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Screen orientation adjustment. My band fits my wrist better when I wear it "upside down". And allow a portrait orientation as well to make wearing it on top easier to read.

Pricey_2k

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
- Wrist flick to turn on watch mode; basically keep the display off until you flick your wrist. A feature on the basis B1 that I loved. Would save battery
-

I really like this idea, or even if you have watch mode turned off and pressed the action button once it brought up the time. Currently you have two options, save battery life by leaving Watch Mode off and then scrolling to the time if you left the watch on a different screen or have watch mode always on which uses battery...

Marcia Tremmel

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
There are some great suggestions here. I would like to see a tile for the elliptical or stairclimber (close - the same math would probably work). That's my favorite indoor exercise.

I also vote for being able to see the battery level number instead of the little icon.

8and

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
This would take the Band in a different direction, but I wanted to post this suggestion somewhere...
I would love to see someone make a 2-part smart watch. Picture something like the 2nd generation Moto 360 for the primary part and the 1st generation Jawbone as the secondary part.
I want a smart watch that looks great (face that I can change, leather strap, metal case/bezel), that I can take off when I want to exercise. Maybe the two pieces would attach at the band with a series of magnets. The secondary part would be durable and contain just enough electronics to tell me how many steps I've taken and the current time. I don't care about anything else when I'm exercising.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon