[BAND] Buyer's Remorse?

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have ordered my Band from Big Apple Buddy but having a bit of a wobble after spending so much on something I have not seen :grincry: Can someone reassure me I have done the right thing? Should I have waited until the UK release?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think you'll enjoy the Band. I've had it on since a couple of days after its release, and I've learned a lot about myself...so much so, that I've changed my daily routine drastically for the better. I'm not a runner, but I do cycle daily, and it tracks my route, heart rate, etc wonderfully. Just keep it clean and you'll be very satisfied.

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I have worn a Fitbit for years now and will continue to wear it along side the band. I am mostly interested in Windows Phone integration!

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Notice that the "I returned it" thread is quite small. I've been wearing it since the day it came out. While I do have issues about HR accuracy during activities, I'm hoping that will be fixed in a update.

My take on it is that it's not the best work-out monitor, and maybe not the best smart watch. But I think it's about the only device that tries to take the best of both to become a well-rounded device.

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
The Band is wonderful. My only regret is not buying like five and selling all but one. Seriously, I could have made a killing!
I have only paid a little over the odds and I figured it would be around ?200 by the time it's released here in the UK. Have you seen what they are going for on Ebay? You would have made a tidy profit!

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry about it. After one week waiting, I was informed by big apply buddy that my band has been sent to me today! I think I definitely will love it. So do you.

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Relax. Like you I paid more than a "UK release price" and am more than happy with it and the way it works with my 1020. I had previously just bought a Pebble Steel, and that now sits on the side pending a decision to whether to sell it or not. The band is great.

DWTrump

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you'll enjoy it. Like you (and probably many of us here), I've been using a Fitbit for years, but I bought the Band as soon as it was available. I continue to wear my Fitbit One so that I can continue to compare the data between the 2 devices, but if I could only use one, it would most likely be the Band.

PandaCodeRed

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
No remorse for me yet. My first fitness tracker and it is great. I find it really conferrable, and pretty accurate. My only complaint is battery life seems a bit short.

zkorn

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
No true remorse (as I knew buying the first version of anything 'tech' can be a mistake, so I was taking my chances buying the day it came out) but disappointed by the product as it exists now. The product is designed with some nice featires buy many do not work well. The extended ecosystem and connecting to other apps looks great but will need to be bigger and more complete to bring this to it potential.

For instance, for the product the 'good' is the always-on watch feature and notifications on your wrist (so do not need to pull phone out of pocket). The 'bad' include that the core feature of heart rate measurement and therefore the calorie measures are very inaccurate and unreliable in my tests.

For the ecosystem, it is great that it connects to MyFitnessPal and a few other apps. But lack of connection to MS Health Vault (that I can get to work) or the iPhone's HealthKit app i disappointing.

It will be interesting to see how MS evolves this first effort into health & fitness devices. I am hoping us very early adopters of MS's product are rewarded for our interest ;)

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I have tried most of the devices, and used a Fitbit One for a couple of months with no regrets. However, I tried the Charge and returned it because of severe scratching and sleep monitoring failures.

I've had the Band since it was released, wear it 24/7 ( except for short intervals for charging ) and I'm very satisfied. At first, it will feel different because of the size, but I quickly found that was not an issue. It has been very rugged and I wear it while working outside. The screen protector they provided has worked perfectly ... not a mark on it.

I do a lot of pre-release testing on products, so being an early adopter was not an issue. I know the software will improve and I'm excited to see where it heads.

Because I have a Windows Phone, I really like the integration and notification. It helps since I often don't hear my phone when it is in my pocket and now I'm notified with a vibration on my wrist that I always feel when a call arrives. It's also nice to use the Cortana integration for quick info, and to schedule reminders.

I'd love to see how you feel about it after 2 weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon