Two months after release and counting - not a peep from MS

ccdc15

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
As I posted in another thread, was told today by employee at local MS store that they were informed the shipment of bands just got in would be last of "version1". No other information was provided.

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I really need to stop being an early adopter when it comes to Microsoft and wait for the second or third generations of their products. I should have learn my lesson with my Surface RT.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
As I posted in another thread, was told today by employee at local MS store that they were informed the shipment of bands just got in would be last of "version1". No other information was provided.

Maybe (hopefully) they mean version 1 of the firmware...???

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Well, I've opined before that MS would do well with a V1.5 - same hardware but shaped for a better fit on the wrist. For example, if the display part took a bend just at the edge of the active display - it wouldn't be so clunky and would fit better on petite wrists.

Most everything I've seen posted indicates that MS has nailed the hardware - but the fit needs work. Using the same hardware would minimize the support headaches in doing updates.

Unless something has been discontinued or they ran out of processing horsepower already, it would seem odd to do a major hardware upgrade only 3 months after introduction. But a better package would do a lot.

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm beginning to think alot of the hardware innovation came from Ballmer (Surface, Nokia Aquisition, Xbox). This couldn't have started under Nadella and must have been in development for years. Maybe he just had to release this device and then divert resources elsewhere.

delesh

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing they are using the early band adopters to gather data to use for the health platform development. Without real world data they would have terrible bugs and such at the launch of such a large and ambitious platform. With just the number of bands they have sold already they must be getting a huge amount of data. They probably wanted to develop capabilities that went beyond what most of the current fitness trackers had and so they decided to build a sensor loaded device for as cheap as possible to get it out there. I believe it's all about the platform and any following they can build with the hardware is just gravy.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing they are using the early band adopters to gather data to use for the health platform development. Without real world data they would have terrible bugs and such at the launch of such a large and ambitious platform. With just the number of bands they have sold already they must be getting a huge amount of data. They probably wanted to develop capabilities that went beyond what most of the current fitness trackers had and so they decided to build a sensor loaded device for as cheap as possible to get it out there. I believe it's all about the platform and any following they can build with the hardware is just gravy.

Then why don't they just TELL US THAT???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon