Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Anybody tried this yet? Nifty little program that allows you to see your data on your PC rather than phone. Also allows you to reorder tiles, change colors, etc. Even allows for GPX export. Looks like he has some more features coming down the pike, too! Hopefully other developers will see this (and Pimp My Band), and jump on the 'Band'wagon (see what I did there? :amaze: )

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Started using UnBand today seems to work sweet, only using it to get my info on my computer have not used it to change settings on my band may be when Im a little more comfortable with this off brand software.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Nate, this is awesome. I didn't spot any screen shots on the dev page -- anyone have something they can post?

​-Matt

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I can't get it to open on my Win 8 desktop. It just crashes. Any hints?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Not sure how much it helps but I installed the Microsoft Sync app first, and the unBand app works great (except for one small glitch, see below). FWIW I'm running Win 8.1.

The glitch: when viewing "Activity Data", toggling various activities on/off seems to have no effect when you click on the "Display your events below" button. I get them all -- on the other hand, the view 100 vs. view them all switch seems to work correctly.

Since it's a fairly easy step, I'd suggest re-installing. Also, here is the FAQ from the unBand page:

FAQ

1. "Windows protected your PC" - is this Malware?
    Nope, you'll notice that the code is full signed (which means it's trusted, and someone has verified that I am who I say I am), but it takes a while for Windows to begin trusting the new software. With time this will disappear.
  2. What data does the app collect?
    No information that can be used to identify you. We do collect:
    • Basic PC information (OS version, language)
    • App launch information
    • App usage information
    • Band configuration information (firmware versions etc)
    This data is used for statistics so that we know what features are popular and what to invest in.
  3. App Crashes on Start
    Make sure to install the Microsoft Band Sync app for Windows
  4. App Still Crashes on Start
    Even though you have the Sync app installed, unBand still crashes. This is likely due to us not being able to find the Sync app.
    To solve this, copy Microsoft.Cargo.Client.Desktop8.dll from wherever it is installed toc:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Band Sync.
    You can also copy it to the same directory as unBand, search for it under%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0
    Yup, we're going to work on a better solution...

-Matt

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how much it helps but I installed the Microsoft Sync app first, and the unBand app works great (except for one small glitch, see below). FWIW I'm running Win 8.1.

The glitch: when viewing "Activity Data", toggling various activities on/off seems to have no effect when you click on the "Display your events below" button. I get them all -- on the other hand, the view 100 vs. view them all switch seems to work correctly.

Since it's a fairly easy step, I'd suggest re-installing. Also, here is the FAQ from the unBand page:

-Matt

The bug with me is similar except it ONLY shows sleep events, and one exercise event. It will not show anything else.

willgill

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't get it to open on my Win 8 desktop. It just crashes. Any hints?

OK I'm an *****. I didn't read the part where I needed to install the Band Sync app first. Works fine now.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I received an answer from the developer today. He stated that reading the steps is not part of the program yet, although he is working on it. That is why I am not seeing anything other than my sleep at the moment. I have not had a chance to do a GPS event yet, so that will come hopefully late next month.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I received an answer from the developer today. He stated that reading the steps is not part of the program yet, although he is working on it. That is why I am not seeing anything other than my sleep at the moment. I have not had a chance to do a GPS event yet, so that will come hopefully late next month.
Ah! Of course that makes sense. So get out there and RUN!!!!!!!!! LOL

FWIW just wanted to note that unBand makes me very, very, very happy. I can now pull my workout data from the Band and upload it to Runkeeper with little/no tweaking necessary. Almost as good as actually syncing it! :cool:

-Matt

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Ah! Of course that makes sense. So get out there and RUN!!!!!!!!! LOL

FWIW just wanted to note that unBand makes me very, very, very happy. I can now pull my workout data from the Band and upload it to Runkeeper with little/no tweaking necessary. Almost as good as actually syncing it! :cool:

-Matt

I am just waiting for the weather to get warm enough for me to start my ride season. Might be the middle of next month. I really really hate being cold lol so I stop riding when the weather turns cold.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon