Wearing Band facing inside, does it detect pulse as accurately?

MrRAG

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Wearing the Band so its face is facing in towards the body, does it monitor pulse and heart rate at all? And if yes, how accurately?

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I've worn mine on the inside since day one - on my right wrist (I'm left handed). Pulse seems pretty accurate - compared to my chest strap and Polar RCX5 watch/HRM, at least until above 120bpm, then the band gets a bit erratic. The band also is a little slower at updating the HR, when compared to a dedicated chest band system. I maintain if you workout at high BPM and need to monitor your heart, a chest strap is the way to go.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Actually, on the inside of the wrist is the 'factory recommended' way to wear it. Keep in mind that optical HR monitors work by observing pulses through capillaries, not veins/arteries. So the back (or top) of the wrist is theoretically preferred.

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was at the doctor the other day and their machine said my HR was 84 and the Band said 81. I always wear mine inside the wrist.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I wear mine to the inside... While I can't say how accurate it is (I don't have a chest strap or other device to compare) I can see trends... Like when I was watching the Spurs game last night, I can see my heart rate elevating towards the end of the game when it was too close for comfort.

William Grafton1

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Mine has been very accurate during workouts compared to my Zephyr hrm. It lags a bit on the register, but when my Zephyr says i'm at 157 the Band will tell me the same or very close to it a few seconds later. I think a lot has to do with how snugly you wear the device, positioning, and probably many other factors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon