Microsoft wake UP ! There is a Halo Watch and Halo 2.....this is a plee to add W10 I.O.T.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Firstly the design is good, could use some tweaks, but as a first go it's beautiful !!!!!
Classic Analog face (Classic Swiss movement), with clear overlay. Add they release under the name Halo.......HELLO ...Mcfly!!!

Take out that nasty Android stuff and let Cortana free. Even bump up the ram a little, you don't even need to design a watch face, just lovely panels of info, music control, and what ever you wish to add.....

This just needs Software ....Windows 10 for Mobile or Windows 10 Internet of Things software.

This is a no brainer to follow The Band with a real watch.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: Microsoft wake the F UP !!!! There is a Halo Watch and Halo 2.....this is a plee to add W10 I.O.

Same concept as the Kairos?

MS clearly doesn't want to be in the "classy" wearable space - they see fitness tracker as the aim. Even if it "just needs software" (and I suspect it's a bit more complex than that).

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Microsoft wake the F UP !!!! There is a Halo Watch and Halo 2.....this is a plee to add W10 I.O.

MS clearly doesn't want to be in the "classy" wearable space - they see fitness tracker as the aim. Even if it "just needs software" (and I suspect it's a bit more complex than that).

It is not more complex then a simple ROM switch. I say this with a little bit of knowledge, from owning past devices that switched roms at will.
The Watch runs an early version of Android, this can be replaced with a cut down version of Windows 10 for Mobile or IOT, yes someone has to code it but this could be done by The Band Team in their sleep.....most if not all code from the Band would load in.

A news story went around not long ago, around the time Microsoft was looking to invest in Cyanogen, any way it was the rumor Microsoft was going to look at swapping out Android for WP. Turns out it was just a deal to add Microsoft services to the ROM releases. However it really is as simple as a ROM swap, the hardware for both is the same.

Way back I used an Audiovox SMT 5600 (HTC Typhoon), that came with WinMo 2003 SE, it ended up running 2 other and newer versions of WinMo 5 and 6.1, all done by basic hacks not by Microsoft. Same for the HTC HD2 it ran both WP7 and Android ICS.

If you had the development team the Watch could run WinRT as the chips are from the same family (ARM).

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I made a User Voice request, and with luck and some votes from the Smart watch fans here, maybe we can show Microsoft the time to get something going is now.

I for one would like to see an end to the Lack of open support of most if not all Smart watches!!!!! Something like this needs votes !!!!!!!!
Windows 10 for Phone or IOT for a Microsoft Supported Smart Watch

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I agree that MS needs to do *something*... I would love to see something smartwatch-like out of them. It's obvious with projects like the Band and HaloLens that they are not ignoring the wearables sector entirely, but they seem to be taking the slow "wait it out" approach.

I'm a bit of a smartwatch fanatic, I love all types & sizes and, admittedly, I have waaaay too many of them. What surprises me the most about their current absence from the smartwatch market is that Microsoft has played with the idea of a smartwatch for decades.... Yes, decades. For those that aren't sure what I'm referring to... Search for "Microsoft Data Link Watch" (1994) or "Microsoft SPOT Watch" (announced 2003, released 2004) .

If any tech company can claim to have a deep history of putting tech on your wrist, it's Microsoft!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

What surprises me the most about their current absence from the smartwatch market is that Microsoft has played with the idea of a smartwatch for decades.... Yes, decades. For those that aren't sure what I'm referring to... Search for "Microsoft Data Link Watch" (1994) or "Microsoft SPOT Watch" (announced 2003, released 2004) .

If any tech company can claim to have a deep history of putting tech on your wrist, it's Microsoft!

It in truth just boggles my mind why Microsoft does not follow up the success they had with the band, sell outs with each limited release.
Adding to the fact The SPOT Watch could have been reworked with ease to have BT 4.0 rather then FM, a little better screen and a partnership with Swatch again for a limited run to gauge interest.
Heck run it like the Google glass program and have beta testers apply to spend money.....I'd jump at the chance to hand them money, if I had a fully Windows Supported Smart Watch.
They have the design basics already, I know they have the OS covered ( The Band ), the interest is there for sure...just look at the people looking to get already marketed watches working with Windows Phone.

Now if we can only get Mr. Joe (Emo Hair) B. to wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!!!!

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

It looks pretty similar to the Kairos concept, however I believe the video mentions that the Halo watch is running Android for the transparent display. Kairos has mentioned that it is developing it's own "KairosOS" for their watch overlay display.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I for one would like to see an end to the Lack of open support of most if not all Smart watches!!!!! Something like this needs votes !!!!!!!!
Windows 10 for Phone or IOT for a Microsoft Supported Smart Watch

Don't forget to comment and vote over here in the User Voice area......Even if this version of watch is not your taste, make your voice heard so Microsoft can see we are out here !!!!

By the way Thanks Penguwin !!! Saw you posted and voted !!!

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Don't forget to comment and vote over here in the User Voice area......Even if this version of watch is not your taste, make your voice heard so Microsoft can see we are out here !!!!

By the way Thanks Penguwin !!! Saw you posted and voted !!!
Glad to help! Let's hope they are working on something!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon