alarm notification after sleep turned off?

ZX10RSILVER3

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Does any body else think that getting your alarm notification on your band after you turn off sleep mode is stupid?, surely you should get it when your alarms goes off?. Shame there are no break through rules.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
If you are referring to alarm set from the phone, my guess would be that you don't get the alert in sleep mode because the Band cuts off incoming notifications from your phone so that your sleep is not disturbed by emaill, text messages, etc.

They probably could come up with a way to allow certain notifications to come through, but I don't know if that is a very common issue among users. You do, however, have the option of setting the alarm directly on the Band. Even while tracking sleep, the Band's internal alarm still goes off at the designated time.

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
It's an issue with me. I didn't know that the Band had its own alarm but why set two alarms (unless you're my son...)? I was hoping the upgrade today would have had a fix for that in it.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I agree there needs to be something built in to allow break through rules and alarms should just go off, you set an alarm for a reason. No need for the band to be worried about protecting you from that!

Setting alarms in multiple places is counter intuitive to the one screen/os everywhere mindset too.

It's not just here, another good one is driving mode. I use it now. However I use Cortana location based reminders. Driving mode MUTES that from my phone so I'll never know until it's likely too late about the location based reminder.

BUT now that I have the band, the Cortana notification does goes off on the band.

This kind of stuff needs to be cleaned up and be more seamless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos