False battery readings

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Started seeing issues with my battery readings a few days ago. Left my band on the charger overnight, woke up to the battery at 100%. About 2 hours later my band shut down. When i got home plugged in and started up saying the battery had died, when I plugged in said 80%. Since then the band is shutting down for battery anywhere from 60-80% without any warning.

Anyone else experienced this or know how to resolve the issue?

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
2 factory resets this weekend, think its actually getting worse.

Wont charge for anymore than an hour before it says it is 100% and then lucky to get 30-45 minutes of run time before it is considered dead. Looks like Ill be contacting Microsoft about a warranty

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you might have to raise a service / warrantee issue on the Microsoft site. Post please how you get on.

Regards

Infinidim

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
providing an update for anyone interested, sent in my band on the 10th, microsoft sent an email stating they got it on the 14th then provided another email on the 15th or 16th saying they were looking into what was wrong with it, and finally got an email on the 17th saying they were shipping a new one. yesterday received a brand new band but no explanation on what was wrong with the original. glad they fixed the issue by issuing a new band but concerned it will just happen again. lets hope not

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The only experience I have with MS warranty repair was with the dreaded XBox360 RRoD. Went through 4 XBoxes before I finally gat one that stayed working. I never got an explanation of what was wrong just a new Xbox and a 30 day Gold membership.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SimcolCross