Just seen the add for the apple watch

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
And it made me want to by a Band (Looked like an ugly brute for an Apple product and I am sure that wouldn't have been released like that if Jobs had still been around) as the Band looks so much nicer.

However like a lot of people I am aware that Band 2 could be on the horizon. Do we have anymore info on Band 2?

Like design, spec and price, I know MS managed to keep the original band under wraps very well so there may not be much info, but in the absence it makes me wary of going with the original now they are discounting.

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
No we don't, just buy band1 and just sell it when you buy band2.

Ohy....

"Used Band for Sale. Lightly used by low sweat producer, and only worn when remembered... Looks new, except for the rubber peeling inside the strap where the batteries are concealed. $169.99, OBO. It will go fast!"

Right.....

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Ohy....

"Used Band for Sale. Lightly used by low sweat producer, and only worn when remembered... Looks new, except for the rubber peeling inside the strap where the batteries are concealed. $169.99, OBO. It will go fast!"

Right.....

Great post, very informative.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think when the Band2 comes out and I decide to get one, the band I have now will become a gift for one of my kids.

Edit to add:

Curiosity got the best of me and I looked at the Apple watch. It could be the most versatile, beautiful watch ever conceived but with prices from $350 to $12,000 (yes, twelve THOUSAND) they can keep them.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
And it made me want to by a Band (Looked like an ugly brute for an Apple product and I am sure that wouldn't have been released like that if Jobs had still been around) as the Band looks so much nicer.

However like a lot of people I am aware that Band 2 could be on the horizon. Do we have anymore info on Band 2?

Like design, spec and price, I know MS managed to keep the original band under wraps very well so there may not be much info, but in the absence it makes me wary of going with the original now they are discounting.

Band 2 is just supposed to be fixing up everyone's complaints with the Band 1. So things like comfort, durability, scratch-prone screen, charging pins, possibly waterproofing (please?!!) and maybe design as I've heard whisperings of a curved screen instead of a giant flat rectangle. Features should hopefully remain the same and it'll be running Windows 10 IoT. So yeah like the SP2 to the SP1, it'll make Band more reasonable for more people to use it

NinerJet9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the Apple watch as a competitor or a good comparison to the Band. Sure they share some of the same functions but the Apple watch has a broader utility while the Band is fitness focused w some basic notification functions. I also don't think the $350 for an Apple watch is a deal breaker if your looking the features it offers. Just my .02.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk