Temperature Sensor (Ambient)

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Does the Band 2 (or original Band) have a temperature sensor?
I've been wanting, for years, for something that can tell me what temperature it is, where I am.
I'm not talking about outside temperature, based on locale.
I want to know what the temperature is, where I am (inside my car, inside my office, etc...).
JJ

Flan Flinger

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
The original band had a temperature sensor but the results weren't displayed in many apps. I believe this is in the Band 2 as well as I don't think anything has been removed.

The sensor seems to measure your body temperature rather than surrounding temperature though so probably doesn't do what you are looking for (I get figures of around 32C when I look at it in an app I have downloaded for it which opens up the sensor readings).

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The sensor seems to measure your body temperature rather than surrounding temperature though so probably doesn't do what you are looking for (I get figures of around 32C when I look at it in an app I have downloaded for it which opens up the sensor readings).

Theoretically, you could just take the Band off and check the temperature.
Would you mind testing?
Also, what app do you use that shows that information?
JJ

Flan Flinger

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I use an app called Band Companion for iOS. There is a post with a list of apps by OS (Windows, Android and iOS) on the original Band forum on here which should point you to something that would work for you. Band Companion works by manually connecting to the device and then a sensors page lets you turn on the data capture for each available sensor.

I have taken my Band off and the temperature is dropping so I guess if you left it long enough it would reach ambient. I'll leave it off for a while longer and see if I can get an idea of how accurate it is for you.

Flan Flinger

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
After leaving the Band off for 30 minutes or so, I am seeing a reading of 22.4C but it is still dropping very slowly. Its not very scientific but the thermostat on our central heating is cutting in somewhere around 21-22C so I am guessing that the Band is displaying somewhere around 1C over ambient.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes