Band 2 Sizes and Impressions

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I went into the local MS store and pre-ordered my Band 2 yesterday. They had demos of SML sized bands. I have been wearing a M Band 1, it seemed like the sizes were pretty close on Band 2 to Band 1, but it was a little tough to tell. The stiffness of the Band 1 band and clasp make it easy to clip together, the Band 2 band is very flexible, and didn't automatically hold it's position to work the clasp. The clasping mechanism is similar, but the actual clasp is completely different, and given the flexible band material, it kind of flopped around when trying to attaching it on my wrist. Band 2 seemed a little heavier, but it may be because they've moved the batteries out of the band and into the actual circuit part of the system.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-band-2/386747-new-sizing-guide.html

The link above is a thread discussing the sizing after Microsoft released their new sizing chart for the Band 2. Several people, including Windows reporter Paul Thurrott, have stated that the new version seems to run a little larger than the original Band. Mostly this seems to affect those, like me, who are on the border between two sizes. I wear a medium on the tightest setting during workouts with my current Band, but the medium I tried on in the store was too big at its smallest setting.

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
^^ That's my concern. I am in exactly the same boat: Have an original Band in Medium, that I wear almost at it's tightest setting. I can also wear a Small at it's loosest setting. For the new Band, I ordered a Medium on-line. Then got worried that it may be too big based off the comments you mention. So I ordered one at the local MS store as a Small (they didn't have any samples to try), and I will exchange if the Medium is too big when it arrives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon