Why isn't my Microsoft Health App working at all?

KrisKenesei

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft Health App Not Working At All

Hi,

I just installed the Microsoft Health app on my Lumia 830 with build 1511.
The app does not seem to be working as intended. Steps count is still 0 (even though I did walk with the phone). I have enabled motion tracking and GPS access for the app. It's useless until this gets fixed. Also... I seriously think this app is a step back from the WP8.1 Health and Fitness app. Way less features and data. Very disappointed.

I will receive my Microsoft Band 2 tomorrow. It would be ridiculous, if it wouldn't work with Microsoft's own operating system. What can I expect?

I should also note, that the motion data "app" can not be updated, but that has been like that for weeks or more.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Health App Not Working At All

I could be wrong, but I think perhaps although you can enable motion detected steps from your phone's sensors, the app still needs to be set up and initially paired with a Band? Like I said, I'm not sure about that, but my understanding is that its meant to complement the Band at times when the Band is not worn, not as a stand alone feature. I'm more sure that enabling GPS in the app won't do anything without the Band. I'd say before you panic, wait until you get your Band set up and see what happens.

I agree that the Health app is still somewhat anemic. Lots of folks have been hoping for some cross-over features from the Health and Fitness app, hopefully more will be forthcoming with time.

KrisKenesei

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Health App Not Working At All

Thanks for your reply!
I'll write as soon as I fire up the Band 2. I actually thought that Microsoft Health was supposed to be the Windows 10 Mobile iteration of the MSN Health & Fitness app, as the support for that one (as far as I know) has been ended, so it probably will never be made Windows 10-friendly. My mistake... That said, what should people use on Windows 10 Mobile instead of the MSN app? I've been experimenting with Runtastic, but it crashes 5-15 minutes into my running session usually, which makes it useless as well. It also does not have the same functionality as the old MSN app unfortunately. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes